Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2022 Gloucestershire

Bridesmaid and maid of honour invited

Sophie, 28 of October of 2020 at 15:06 Posted on Planning 0 8
Wedding booked for aug ‘22. How early or late did you leave it to get invites out for bridesmaids and maid of honour. I’m too excited ???‍♀️

8 replies

Latest activity by Katie, 10 of January of 2021 at 13:17
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    Personally, I knew who my BM MOH would be before being engaged. Once I was I told them.
    As soon as we’d picked a date I told them. Was too excited I guess ?????
  • Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content

I asked my two bridesmaids before I had even booked the venue - I was too excited and definitely wanted their opinions from the start.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you're 100% sure that these girls will support you and that your friendship is rock solid, then I don't see any harm in asking them now. And you don't want to delay and find out one of them is booked up with something unavoidable on your date.

If you have any concerns at all about how they will be in two years time, I'd hold off for a bit. My bestie started to get a bit 'odd' in her behaviour shortly before we got engaged last year. This made me hold off asking her to participate in the wedding. Sadly, by the time we got around to sending out invites, she was acting so weird, we didn't even invite her to the wedding as an ordinary guest. Now, she is full-on crazy and our friendship is basically non-existent. I know this is unlikely to be a common occurence, but...any questions at all, play it safe! I'm so glad I did.

• E
    Curious October 2021 West London
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    I think it's better to wait until the year out mark unless you are 100% sure.

I asked my MOH and flower girl within a couple of months of being engaged, because they are family and I know 100% would be in my bridal party no matter what.
    I wanted more bridesmaids but really struggled picking and also until we'd booked all of our suppliers wasn't sure what final budget would be to accommodate bridesmaid dresses, bouquets, transport etc. I ended up asking my other 2 bridesmaids just under a year out - this worked out well as our friendships won't change within less than a year (and for longer I hope but you never know, just read bridal forums and you will see this happening!). But it's still sufficient time to get giddy together, get their dresses and accessories, and let them save the date/save money for any associated costs.
  • T
    Curious April 2022 Cumbria
    TigerLily8 ·
    • Hide content

If you are 100% sure then just go for it! I proposed my MOH/bridesmaids about a month after getting engaged (it was never in doubt who it was going to be), and they have been involved every step of the way.

• Claire
    Curious September 2022 Aberdeen & Deeside
    Claire ·
    • Hide content

If you are 100% sure these are your girls, go for it!

I've just asked mine, we get married September 2022.

I've been friends with these girls for many years though and they knew it would be them!

• Kay
    Beginner August 2022 Tyne & Wear
    Kay ·
    • Hide content

We get married Aug 22 and I've already asked mine as well

• K
    Beginner October 2022 Merseyside
    Katie ·
    • Hide content
    If you are 100% sure then just ask. I have a best friend who I have been best friends with for 23 years (since we were two years old). I literally just said to her over text, “and of course you’ll have to walk me down the aisle as MOH”. There was no doubt who I would ask and we have the sort of friendship where a big invite wasn’t needed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics