Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Km86
Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire

Bridesmaid body shapes

Km86, 26 of February of 2022 at 23:03 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4
Sorry for the title I dodnt know what to put

We have 2 adult bridesmaids one who is tall and slim and the other average height but quite an apple shape with big bust.
Her mum has told me not to let her have any say in the dress as she has no idea what suits her and I am finding that to be true.
I showed her some bridesmaids dresses that I thought would be very flattering but she keeps sending back exactly what I would avoid!
I even sent images of those multi way dresses and she said oh yes I would want mine like this (the skimpiest more unflattering way)
Do you think a V neck drop down under the bust would be flattering for them both? She wore a beautiful off the shoulder dress last time she was a bridesmaid but our other bridesmaid doesnt want off the shoulder (I would like them matching as there are only 2 of them, if there were 3+ I could probably get on board with same colour different styles but not for just 2)

4 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 28 of February of 2022 at 16:07
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Could you maybe find a shop with dresses you like and want, don't give them much information and just say to them (I presume they're friends) I have chosen this because you have each given things you do/don't like and I believe this is somewhere in the middle for both of you. Stand firm with how you say things and perhaps they will get that actually this is how you want it. Giving too many options can lead to them thinking you don't mind when you do.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it would matter having them in two different styles, especially as they are different heights and shapes - they're not going to look 'matching' anyway when they are so different physically. It might be worth finding a range of dresses that come in the same colour & fabric and saying they can pick what they want.

I think most styles would probably suit the tall, slim bridesmaid, but if the reason she didn't want off the shoulder was for modesty, then she might not be comfortable with a deep v either.

• L
    Dedicated June 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066 ·
    • Hide content
    I had a similar problem with my bridesmaids in that 1 was around 5’6” and a size 10 and the other was around 5’ and a size 22. My shorter bridesmaid was also saying she wanted a dress that made her girls look good. I found a maxi dress from Studio 8 that suited both body shapes and the main adjustment needed was the length.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

My BMs are the same as yours, it is hard to get a single dress that flatters for both shapes but we have gone for a simple bust cross over with flowing skirt from the bust as it hides the tummy! We have the following dress and is very flattering

Mischa Embellished Tulle Maxi Dress Green | Evening Dresses | Monsoon UK.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics