Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Bridesmaid Bonding...

8 of March of 2014 at 22:04 Posted on Planning 0 2

Helloooo,

So I have four adult bridesmaid all from different parts of my life so even though some of them may have met once or twice they don't really know each other at all. I was thinking about having 'bridesmaid days' maybe a few times a year or something up until the wedding (2 years away) I'm not trying to force them to be friends or anything, just get to know each other a bit before then planning part of the hen do and of course the wedding itself.

I'm thinking that London area is probably going to be best as middle ISH, or do you think taking in turns going closer to where we all live? (Unfortunately they all live an hour or so away from me Smiley sad so don't get to see them very often)

Do you have any ideas of stuff we could do? Some cheaper/free options included. For different times of the year etc as it'll be over time.

Smiley smile

2 replies

Latest activity by cantwait2bmrsj, 8 of March of 2014 at 22:50
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I think getting them together is a great idea, not sure you need them together several times in the year though. Even if you do free things, there is always added costs like food, hotels, petrol, trains etc & it all adds up. Being a bridesmaid can be pricy already, without several other days out too. I'd prefer to spend my weekends with OH, rather than getting to know other bridesmaids I may not ever see again after the wedding.

Some free (or nearly free) things to do in London:

- Colombia flower market on sundays

- Bricklane & Spitalfields markets

- Walk through Richmond or Victoria park or have a picnic/frisbee

- Womens swimming ponds in hampstead heath- £2 entry

- Childrens museum Bethnal Green (interesting for adults, not just kids & free)

- British museum, V&A, Tate, science museum etc

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2012/jul/23/50-free-things-to-do-london

• cantwait2bmrsj
    Beginner September 2014
    cantwait2bmrsj ·
    • Hide content

Cant really offer any suggestions of things to do I'm afraid as I live in yorkshire, but can definitely advocate a "bridesmaids day" we did it a few weeks ago and it was brilliant the girls really enjoyed themselves. They're friends on facebook now and have been texting each other sorting out my hen party and the night before the wedding. We went to a ceramics workshop and painted a commemorative plate with all our names on and the wedding date. We then had lunch and a wander round town then to a chocolate cafe for fondue and diy chocolate lollies.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics