Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Claire
Beginner February 2023 Bedfordshire

Bridesmaid decisions

Claire, 19 of September of 2021 at 18:59 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi all!

I’m having such a dilemma about bridesmaids and wondered if any of you could guide me at all!
I’ve managed to get my bridesmaids/moh down to 6 but there is 2 more that I’m stuck on.
Both are girls I lived with all through uni. One I’m very much closer to than the other and can’t imagine the day without her. The other I’m not as close to but I would imagine would be upset if I didn’t pick her.
Would you stick to your guns and have just the one as adding in two becomes much more expensive, or have the both for the sake of keeping everyone happy?

3 replies

Latest activity by MrsW, 27 of September of 2021 at 06:45
  • J
    Beginner June 2022 Greater Manchester
    Jem ·
    • Hide content
    I don’t think you should pick someone just to avoid upset, I think your bridal party should be people you want there on the day and making decisions for your hen etc. If you aren’t that close to the other girls then I’d imagine she’d understand xx
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

If you are not that close then am sure she will understand, however, if you are adding one in and have 6 already another one wont make much difference. Is a tough one, I limited it to 2 big BM's and then 3 little ones as they are the only children at the wedding. It really is your choice and should be because you really want them as part of your day not to avoid upset as Jem said.

• MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    Totally stick to your guns. I cut all the way down to two adult bridesmaids in the end, because my view is that being a bridesmaid isn't just about who you are close to or have known the longest so they can turn up in the dress and feel good, but about who will actually be helpful to you on the day. In the end I picked my sister because she fusses about detail and is super organised, so I know she will make sure I don't forget anything, and just one of my five female cousins, because she always manages to make me laugh so will help me keep perspective on the day and will also be an amazing hostess to my guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics