Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Y
Beginner August 2026 Kent

Bridesmaid dress advice

Yasmin, 14 of August of 2022 at 10:32 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 7
Hello, I’m new to wedding planning and we aren’t actually planning on getting married until 2025. I already know who I want my bridesmaids to be, but they all have different body shapes and sizes and I want them all to be comfortable, however I also want them all in the same dress.

Does anyone know how to overcome this? I thought maybe allowing them all to pick a dress and then have them all try on the different ones and decide from there, but I’m unsure? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!x

7 replies

Latest activity by Thierry, 15 of August of 2022 at 18:48
  • H
    Savvy October 2022 Essex
    Helen ·
    • Hide content
    Have you thought about infinity/multi-way dresses? I’ve ordered my bridesmaid’s dresses from Kate’s Dresses. They’ll all be in the same dress/same colour but they can wear/tie the dresses in different ways. So they can all choose to wear it in a style that they’re comfortable with!
  • Y
    Yasmin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No, I hadn’t thought of that! I’ll have a look! Thank you Smiley smile
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Agree with Helen, but also would advise waiting till a year bwforem whilst you know who you want now things can change. One of my BMs and I fell out and another for pregnant and we had to buy new dresses, not saying either will happen but a lot can change in a couple of years so from experience I would say wait. Also as you go through planning you may change your mind on styles etc. Is hard as you just want to get going and do it all but I wish I had waited a bit longer
  • Y
    Yasmin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% agree with you! I don’t plan on buying anything yet, I’m just looking at styles to get a feel for what we like right now! I like to be organised so I don’t feel overwhelmed😂
  • Holley
    Beginner December 2023 Essex
    Holley ·
    • Hide content
    Definitely look at multiway dresses. I wore one as a bridesmaid and I was 34 weeks pregnant. There so ideal x
  • Jas
    Curious November 2024 Oxfordshire
    Jas ·
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids Are all different shapes and sizes too, I know you said that you wanted them to be wearing the same thing, but I’ce basically said to them as long as they’re wearing the same colour, from the same shop, I’ll be happy, is this something you consider? If not I know you can get dresses that you can wear different ways to make them feel more comfortable maybe this would be something that you would consider?
  • Thierry
    Curious April 2024 Kent
    Thierry ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I have a similar situation. I have my older sister who is very petite, I then have my sister-in-law who is taller and more full chested and then my third bridesmaid is my little sister who will be turning 15 so who knows what her body will be doing! I am going to take them to a bridesmaid dress store and let them take the reins over the style. I will try to encourage them to have the same style, but for me I want them to be comfortable. They will all be in the same colour so that they tie in together Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics