Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2014

Bridesmaid Dress Cost

ExcitedBride2Be2014, 22 of January of 2014 at 20:37 Posted on Planning 0 38

Hi

I know this question has probably been asked already, I'm trying to get a rough idea of how much a bridesmaid dress costs. I was wondering if I could be cheeky and ask if any of you lovely people would be able to give me an idea of how much you spent on yours?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :-)

38 replies

Latest activity by LucyLastic, 21 of April of 2014 at 20:55
  • *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

You'll probably end up getting very different answers to this.

Mine were £180 each but I've known some gorgeous dresses being flashed on here for £30.

The good thing is that so many high street shops do lovely, affordable dresses which can be worn by bridesmaids.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Yeah as Pugsley said you'll get so many different answers probably, I paid £56 for my BM's lovely dress from a seller on ebay Smiley smile
    Can get a lot cheaper or a lot more expensive it depends what you're after and where from, can pay less in high street stores like h&m, new look, quiz etc or just be really nifty with the sales Smiley smile

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

I havnt bought mine yet but ive budgeted £50 for the whole outfit, ive looked at some dresses and they seem to be £40 - £50 so I might go over slightly once I add shoes, shrug and headband

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

£34.99

a dress costs however much you want to pay for it. Lose the 'bridesmaid' tag and your money goes a lot further.

• emjjarvy
    Beginner September 2014
    emjjarvy ·
    • Hide content

£39 for older BMs £21 for flower girl in the monsoon sale Smiley smile

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Mine were dessy and they were maxi dress style, they were £180 each

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I chose a high street dress rather than a bridesmaid dress, reduced from £149 to £69 in the sales.

• M
    Beginner July 2014
    MegaExcitedB2B! ·
    • Hide content

Hey Hun,

Our wedding is on a bit of a budget and so I shopped around quite a lot but ended up buying our 4 BM dresses from an outlet store on eBay. They're totally stunning and was delivered less than 24hrs after payment. I paid £220 in total including the postage.

There really are some beautiful dresses on eBay but beware the out of uk listings as you could end up paying more than you would from a shop due to the import charges (and they're not super on the sizes either!)

hope this helps Smiley laugh

x

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

When is your wedding/when do you need the dresses by?

I went dress shopping with my MoH last weekend, turns out there aren't many "bridesmaid" dresses in high street shops in January. However, just before giving up, we ended up finding her dress in TK Maxx for £34.99. Like others have said, if you stop looking for bridesmaids dresses and start looking for generally pretty/formal dresses then you might have more luck.

• MissAmyV
    Beginner May 2014
    MissAmyV ·
    • Hide content

I just ordered my two bridesmaid dresses yesterday. I bought them on Queenie Bridesmaid dresses online and they were £67.95 each Smiley smile They should arrive this time next month and were made to order

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I got my bridesmaid's dress from BHS for £30 in the sale, I got my wedding dress which is actually a bridesmaids dress from a bridal shop and it was £185.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    beckimas ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting mine from a seller on Etsy (my ultimate favourite online shop) they are £22 each but come from Singapore so once you add the postage it's £30. I've ordered one to check I'm happy before I buy the other 3 I need. The reviews about her dresses are amazing. Etsy defo worth a look.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you mind saying which seller? I'm always on the lookout for nice dresses.

OP, mine were £28 each in the sale.

• cass_b
    Beginner April 2014
    cass_b ·
    • Hide content

Ours were £175 each, they are from Dessy, they have some really pretty ones! We looked around on the high street but for us it was finding the right colour...

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

£20 secondhand but beautiful and exactly what I wanted. I really think you need to decide how much you want to spend and then look from there ?

• S
    Beginner September 2015
    SunnyBlackConfetti19 ·
    • Hide content

£230/each - gulp!! they are beautiful though and can probably be worn again afterwards

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

My BMs are wearing Little Mistress maxi dresses - £70 each.

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

Blush pink maxi dresses from Quiz £59....and if I had waited a month id have got them half price!! I bought an extra one in the sale and have a seamstress adding butterfly sleeves and a sash.

• G
    Beginner August 2014
    ginger_nut ·
    • Hide content

Ours are Dessy too but I've bought them from the US and am getting them delivered to one of my bridesmaids who lives over there. My parents were handily planning a holiday over there so they are going to collect dresses for my UK-based bridesmaids when they go over there! They were 250 pounds in the bridal shops here and $190 (about GBP 115) in the States!

• emma.b
    emma.b ·
    • Hide content

I have paid £79.99 each for made to measure dresses with some customized details (evica.co.uk).

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

As others have said it depends entirely on what you want and where you go. Mine were £185 each.

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    RLB ·
    • Hide content

My choice of bridesmaid dress cost £180, whereas my flower girls dress cost £20 (then I annoying saw it reduce to about £8 in the sales after Christmas). Much like with your own dress, you can spend as much as you've got on a bridesmaid dress.

• T
    Beginner March 2014
    Tashy24 ·
    • Hide content

£15 each reduced from £45 on ASOS but alterations and adding sashes and petticoats it's an extra £55 each!

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I have still to buy mine however budget for dress is £80, hoping to get a bargain in the shops if I can though. Shoes have already been bought for £30 x

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

£218 from Dessy.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Mine were from Monsoon but I got them on Ebay BNWT - I just picked my dresses and saved a search until the right sizes came up. Luckily they all did - two of them were £50 inc p&p and the other one £75

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content

The ones I first picked were high street summer dresses £15 in the sale. Then after a while we felt they were too short so as they weren't expensive we just chose another style (my BM's were my sisters who don't live nearby so they were ordered online with me okaying the styles with them on email first) from eBay that were £35.99 and my preferred choice.

They came up a bit small and both BM's gained a bit of weight over the summer and then I had trouble getting replacements in larger sizes and when I did they were not quite the same shade so I ended up taking the train up to them 2 weeks before the wedding with a suitcase full of dresses, both high street and online, with a view of 'I don't care what ones they have now as long as they can get two matching ones to fit'!!

As it happened the ones they chose were on offer at only £12.00 but they were the ones they were most comfortable with and I liked the look of them too. I am embarrassed to admit how cheap they ended up being but I rationalise that if I add up the cost of all the 'wasted' dresses (I did return the rest of the ones in the suitcase but the earlier ones were past their return date) then it comes to about the same as an average BM dress!

If anyone is looking for non-traditional navy blue BM dresses then message me, I have quite a few to sell...!

• missmandymoo
    Dedicated August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content

Mine was a bargain, Coast dresses purchased in the sales. Originally £90, reduced to £29 each.

• mrs o-)
    Beginner August 2013
    mrs o-) ·
    • Hide content

All 4 were from bhs 2 flower girl £50.00 each in ivory and 2 bridesmaids was £120.00 reduced to £90.00 each ,then in debs I found a dress that was the same as the flower girls dress for my 1 yr niece for £15.00 perfect.

• K
    Beginner May 2015
    Kathleen Frances ·
    • Hide content

I spent about £160 to get 2 long dresses at Bridesmaidtide. And their service Sarah offered me 10% discounts.

• E
    ExpensivePurpleCakes124 ·
    • Hide content

I've just been looking at Queenie Bridesmaid website. How were they? Were you pleased? Also how much did you pay in import tax etc?

• MissAmyV
    Beginner May 2014
    MissAmyV ·
    • Hide content

Do not order from Queenie Bridesmaid! The two dresses I got were completely the wrong size and after a lot of "fighting" with them I only got 70% of my money back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics