Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner August 2015

Bridesmaid Dress Disaster

okydoke, 22 of September of 2014 at 13:49 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello,

So when I got engaged, I asked my three sisters to be bridesmaids. We struggled to find any dresses on the high street in the colour I wanted - coral, so we thought we'd have them made, a hundred pounds each. So we went along to a little studio, they took measurements etc and we discussed colours, materials etc. So it ended on them trying to find us a few coral taffeta/satin fabrics to choose from. Perfect.

Went back yesterday (like three months later) and they didn't have anything. Found a load of chiffon which we didn't want but nothing in the right fabric at all. So disappointed in them and we're no further along than we were when I got engaged!

I just want to get rid of them and forget about coral, I'm sick of the sight of it!

So, has anyone found any nice pale pink/blush bridesmaid dresses for less than £100 on the high street? I thought this was something I had ticked off, but no Smiley sad back to the drawing board.

8 replies

Latest activity by Lemon Violet, 24 of September of 2014 at 11:39
  • P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

Ah sorry to hear that's all gone wrong! Are you able to get a deposit or anything back?

My original colour started as coral, but to be honest i quickly squashed that and it's now any shade between peach/coral. Which is fine as i don't have the patience to get everything to match exactly and it's so much easier to have a broader colour range.

My peach BM dress is now half price so they're going quick, http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/contentView?filepath=/DebenhamsUKSite/Static/bridesmaids_dresses_by_colour_uk.xml&storeId=10701&langId=-1 a lot of peach ones on here. Maybe that'll help.

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a nightmare Smiley sad
    Have you tried somewhere like Debenhams, or BHS?

My BM's got their dresses from BHS and they were £80 each Smiley smile
    Plus I think both stores have a sale online atm

Hope you find something

x

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

Hmm the link doesn't go directly, but peach is under Orange & Lemon

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    Sheldon ·
    • Hide content

https://missdivayork.com/collections/dresses/products/peach-sequin-lattice-dress

this is my bridesmaid dress, debenhams no longer have it in stock but the Quiz store fdoes and the link i have attached also have it in stock. Its more beautiful in real life than the model and we have got the boys coral ties to go with it as its more coral than peach. good luck xx

• M
    Beginner November 2015
    MissJag ·
    • Hide content

Went to a wedding yesterday and the bride had lovely wedding dresses in pink. When I asked where she had got them she said Quiz!

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    mrs_w_to_be ·
    • Hide content

Our colour is coral too and I'm ordering mine from eBay - item no **** Smiley smile

If you search coral bridesmaid dresses, they have a good selection for around £50. My sister wouldn't be comfortable in anything strapless but they do have some other nice styles including one shoulder. I'm not sure where you are based, but the seller I'm ordering from (my_angel_star) have lots of different styles and they have a showroom in Birmingham where you can go and see the dresses and try them on

I ordered a fabric sample and I was really happy with the colour. I'm ordering mine in standard sizes as if they're not made to measure you can return them for a refund within 14 days, so I'm going to do this and just pay for any alterations

Hope this helps!

• E
    Beginner August 2015
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds54 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I got my coral bridesmaid dresses from monsoon, they were £80 each and they look really lovely. When I was looking I tried monsoon, bhs, coast, phase eight,xx

• K
    Beginner May 2015
    karenjohnson ·
    • Hide content

Hi, when is your wedding date? I'm also doing a lot of work on the bridesmaid dresses for my 2 bridesmaids.

I'm considering buying 2 yellow bridesmaid dresses online, from some website, like Davids Bridal, JJsHouse, etc.

If you still want a taffeta / satin coral dress, what do you think of this one? http://www.rosesbridesmaid.co.uk/red-coral-bridesmaid-dresses

Or a pale pink dress here, http://www.rosesbridesmaid.co.uk/pink-bridesmaid-dresses

Most of them are under £100

I once contacted their customer service and got the reply that the dresses can be custom made. I have decided but is planning to have a try.

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Try savvy cinderella. They are so helpful and have lovely dresses

lynne

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics