Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Curious March 2017

Bridesmaid dress for 11yo

Daffodil2017, 27 of October of 2016 at 22:05 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all!

I only have 2 bridesmaids, my little sister (11) and my best friend. My friend is going to wear a bridesmaid dress that she wore to her sister's wedding, as its perfect for ours and will save her money. I don't want them to match completely, but I would like my sister to just wear a nice dress of a similar colour (purple)

However I'm finding it really hard to find ideas for a suitable dress for her. When I've looked online all I can find is baby flower girl dresses, or young teenage dresses, which would be a little bit old for her, or random "partywear" dresses which just aren't right.

Can anyone recommend anywhere that I can look online for ideas? My mum has the job of doing the shopping as I live 200 miles away from my mum and little sister, but I'd like to have a mooch at some websites.

M x

9 replies

Latest activity by Mrs_Conduct, 10 of November of 2016 at 09:46
  • J
    Beginner November 2016
    JadeyPops98 ·
    • Hide content

I can't really help too much I'm afraid, assuming you've tried all the usual high street places, perhaps if you search for prom dresses instead of specificly bridesmaids dresses as like you say, from what I have seen there is quite a jump from ''adult dresses' to 'childens dresses' and not much in between.

Or you could try a multi way dress,they usually come in tons of colours as she can wear it how she wants. Theres loads if places that do them, just have a quick google

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

My niece will be 11 by the wedding & I bought her dress from Monsoon - I think I paid about £55 for it. They've got some nice ones on there at the moment depending on what sort of look you want - the one I bought her isn't on there any more unfortunately as it's a lilac colour & she adores it so it might have been a good choice!

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/uk/wedding/flower-girl#filtersClosed=false&pageSize=12&sort=newIn&grid=grid&picture=model&page=4&productID=9130692602

They also have a sale on their Storm bridesmaid dresses at the moment, I had a quick look & they were all v sparkly but there might be something in there:

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/uk/children/storm/bridesmaid

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Next and Monsoon both have some nice picks Smiley smile

http://www.next.co.uk/gc19020s1#862955?i=1112years

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/uk/children/girls/dresses#filtersClosed=false&pageSize=12&sort=newIn&grid=grid&picture=model&colour=Purple

xx

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

I have a similar problem

my bridesmaids will be 18, 14, 11, 10 and 9!

i have gone with Alfred Angelo their junior bridesmaids are lovely and we found a style that suited all girls not too young and not too old either, 18 year old having similar but different x

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Southern_Comfort ·
    • Hide content

I will second Monsoon! I found the perfect dress there yesterday in the sale for £45!

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Mullett ·
    • Hide content

I am also struggling so will certainly look at replies with interest. My best friend who lives in Canada is my matron of honor (42yrs) and junior bridesmaid is my fiance's niece (10yrs). My other concern is cost. Bridesmaid dresses are so bloody expensive! And what I am afraid of is that if I get dresses that are not made of the exact same material, they will show in pictures unfavorably.

I've seen some at David's but unless you're near to their limited stores, it is a long way to travel. Dessy Alfred Sung is also nice but very pricey.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaid-dresses/junior-bridesmaid-dresses

https://uk.dessy.com/junior-bridesmaid-dresses/

Thanks in advance for all suggestions!

xx

• D
    Curious March 2017
    Daffodil2017 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies! I didn't like the look of any in the usual places , Monsoon etc. (I swear I'm not that picky!!) however... I forgot to look online on Amazon, there are lots to choose from actually haha. I've found I basically just need to look for flower girl dresses, as it's hard to find junior bridesmaid ones that would be right for her.

still a bit worried about ordering online so I'm just sitting on the ideas and thinking at the mo.

• C
    Beginner October 2021 Essex
    Callieco ·
    • Hide content

I've just had the same problem trying to find three dresses in 13y size. I found something nice in Monsoon Storm in the end (in the sale too). I found that looking for Prom dresses was more useful than looking for bridesmaids.

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

I have the same problem, two of my BM are going to be 11 and I looked everywhere because they're not children but they're not old enough for an 'adult' dress but I had a look on light in the box and ordered my youngest from there and it was stunning came from a bridal boutique and was more than half the price. Going to go there for the BM dresses as they will cost me a lot less. They have a measuring chart which I found was useful.

might be an idea to look at that.

hope it helps

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I've got mine from LindyBop - they are of a style (fifties) but very nice, and they do children ones too. I ordered a sample Alfred Sung dress and I was extremely disappointed, it would have been £117 per dress and I've found nicer on the market to be honest.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics