Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner February 2015

Bridesmaid Dress Help!!

h9376w, 8 of January of 2014 at 08:40 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi All, im a newbie to Hitched!!

ive been sitting in the back ground, and enjoying reading everyones posts for the last few months, but this is my first post so be gentle with me ?

i am getting married early february next year, and me and my hubby to be are just starting our planning......... eeeek!!!

The venue is booked, and the next thing on my list to sort is bridesmaid dresses (i want to do this early on, because i want to build my colour scheme around them).

When browsing the i/net for inspiration on winter bridesmaid looks, i came across this......... and have fallen in love ❤️

.........but as of yet i havent been able to find any dresses (or fur), even remotely similar to these ☹️

has anyone come across anything along these lines whilst searching for there perfect dresses?!

Helen xxx

13 replies

Latest activity by sophiesofa, 9 of January of 2014 at 20:05
  • charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Hi welcome to hitched! Congrats on your forthcoming wedding.

Those dresses and fur look lovely, have you checked out amazon or ebay? i had a quick look on amazon i just found ivory furs tho. hopefully another bride to be can help xx

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

They are beautiful. I suspect you'd be able to get dresses in this colour from Dessy but they are pricey and you usually need to order them from a bridal shop.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Etsy have some grey fur stoles, although they predominantly seem to come from the US so you would have to factor extra money into your budget for postage.

Here's one...

Edit: Welcome to hitched ?

• H
    Beginner February 2015
    h9376w ·
    • Hide content

Thanks All, i had a feeling that Dessy might come up, but yes, i had heard that they were quite pricey........ there are a few stockists local to me which i might go and look at, because i must admit there styles are lovely, and similar to what i had in mind.

Thanks Miss Pickle, i have come across Etsy for various things during my wedding planning, but if im being honest i dont really understand what the site is all about.

Also as daft as it may seem, im a little wary when it comes to buying things from abroad....... i don't know what worries me about it, because im sure they are all perfectly legit, there just seems too many possible things that could go wrong with it lol.

i think sometimes it just seems to good to be true ?

have any of you ladies ordered things for your wedding from other countries? how have you found it etc......

Helen xxx

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I can see why you like them, they're lovely.

I also have a suspicion they might be dessy, their website is really good. I'll say it'll be better to start there rather than wedding shops as there are literally hundreds of designs! They can be expensive, my bridesmaids had dessy and the long dresses were £180 and knee length was £120. So similar prices to places like coast

• H
    Beginner February 2015
    h9376w ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Holey, i am browsing the dessy website as we speak, they are all so lovely ? x

• jfilsell
    Beginner March 2014
    jfilsell ·
    • Hide content

Hello Helen! Welcome to Hitched Smiley smile

My BM dresses are similar to the ones in your photo. They were from Biba (House of Fraser). I was very lucky and got them with 20% off on their big discount day beofre CHristmas. You might be able to get them cheap at some point.

Here's a link: http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Biba+Deep+V+full+skirted+maxi+dress/187314130,default,pd.html

One note: they look dark blue in that pic, but in real life they're a silvery grey. I think it's the slightly pearlescent fabric that means they photograph differently. The material, by the way, is lovely and the cut is very flattering.

• S
    Beginner April 2014
    sophiesofa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh this is not fair (not really). I fell in those with those dresses the day after they were in the december discount day (reduced to £120 each) at HOF. The girl who worked there said she was 90% sure they'd come up in the next discount day and they didn't and haven't appeared at all discounted since. I've rung up and I've been checking the website daily and even have an ebay alert set up! I'm so jealous. I've now got my 3 a M&S grey multiway one which is nice but not as good (for me) as it's just below the knee and I really wanted full length so I still check HOF every day to see if they come up. I've found it really hard to find a dress in my budget (£100 ish max - wearing their own shoes etc.!) that is dark grey and lovely. Sorry, off topic there, I blame the green eyed bridezilla monster in me.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Etsy is just a site for worldwide sellers to sell vintage or handmade items ;-)

I have ordered lots of things from there from all different sellers and never had any problems, all sellers have feedback ratings and comments just the same as eBay so you can check that before ordering things!

• H
    Beginner February 2015
    h9376w ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thankyou, your bridesmaid dresses are really lovely, and even better that you got a bargain on them.

im not really sure that its silvery grey im after though, i think the ones in my original picture are more of a browny grey lol, perhaps a taupe??

the Dessy 'Topaz' or maybe the 'mocha' seems to be the closest colours i have seen to it so far.

Everyone has been really helpful though, thanks Smiley smile x

• H
    Beginner February 2015
    h9376w ·
    • Hide content

Sophiesofa your post made me giggle.......... Dress shopping on a budget certainly is frustrating, especially when you have something specific pictured in your mind.

i ❤️ The M & S Multiway dress!!!

i too have looked at those for my bridesmaids, in the gunmetal grey? is that the one you have opted for?

if i cant find anything similar to the ones i have posted then this is definitely what i am going for. i am looking for knee length dresses, and as my bridesmaids are different shapes/sizes the 'multiway' is perfect for me, the only thing that puts me off them is the colour isnt 'perfect'!! lol

It may be a bit late for you now, but 'in one clothing' do the multiway dresses in different lengths (but again dont seem to have my perfect colour lol), they are made to order, but are still fairly reasonably priced (if i remember right about £100) but still pretty pricey compared to the M&S Bargain!!

x

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I wore a dressy bridesmaids dress for my sister's wedding last year in February and their dresses are lovely. Pricey but v nice and their wide range of colour choices is great!!

Hope you you find what you're after. I wonder if there is anything similar in monsoon at the mo or the large department stores are worth a visit.

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

Just thought I'd link you to this bargain on the Coast website in case it's any use to you

https://www.coastfashion.com/womens/dresses/maxi-dresses

https://www.coastfashion.com/fcp-product/2213165741

• S
    Beginner April 2014
    sophiesofa ·
    • Hide content

Yes the m&s one is great but it's quite a blue dark grey so not the colour grey you were after I think. I did see the one-clothing ones before but when I looked on their photos (of customers in them) so of the photos weren't very flattering and it put me off but they're probably actually very nice. You also have to buy the boob tube underneath bit (if you want them). The m&s one has a built in foam cupped boob tube bit which works really well. They are very good value though. You could always order it to see the colour but it doesn't sound like what you're ideally after.

Coast had some lovely knee length mid grey ones. Also I think I remember number 1 jenny packham at seven hams having a nice knee length taupy grey one but I may be thinking of somewhere else.

good luck! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics