Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beckalina
Beginner April 2017

Bridesmaid dress help *mini flash*

Beckalina, 23 of December of 2015 at 14:10 Posted on Planning 0 24

Hi ladies,

i think I've found THE perfect bridesmaid dress but as they aren't made to measure then I've got a slight problem as they only do sizes 8-14 and my MOH is a size 16. My other bridesmaids range from 8-12 and all love the dress but my MOH is obviously a bit concerned especially as she's planning on having a baby before my wedding (we are getting married April 2017) so she could be carrying a bit of baby weight or even be pregnant.

As an alternative I've suggested we find her a completely different dress which doesn't matter too much given that she's MOH so wont look out of place in a different dress. But I do still want it to match the other 3. I am having a champagne/blush & golds theme.

My bridesmaid dress is this:

And I've found a potential MOH dress but it's from an American site so makes me a bit cautious and ideally I wanted some sequin or glitter on it. What do you think - does it match? Does anyone know where I could find any better alternatives?

24 replies

Latest activity by Justkeepswimming, 30 of March of 2016 at 15:32
  • T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to be of no help whatsoever but where are both of these from? They are fabulous!

(Also I do think the alternative one goes very well with the other!)

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content

To the above poster I just googled it and found this:

https://goddiva.co.uk/sequin-and-chiffon-maxi-dress-champagne.html

To the OP, I do think that they match but it is always hard to tell on the screen.

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow! They are gorgeous dresses. I personally think they look fab together. If you wanted some sparkle/glitter on the MOH dress could you add some sequins to the band underneath the bust??x

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you - yes the top one is from Goddiva and the bottom one I found on Dessy.com by After Six (number 6715) in Ivory.

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Katie, that's a good idea. Just need to get over my fear of ordering from America!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Just to say, they are both gorgeous dresses! I love them so much. I think they will go. Often you see the MOH in a slightly different dress to the BMs. I would tie them together by adding a band/belt of sequins to match the BM dresses.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I think they're gorgeous and go really well together! x

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

Love both dresses. They go really well together. I think it will look nice having her in a slightly different dress to the other girls.. I personally would wait to order moh dress until way closer to the wedding as she won't no what size she'll be if she's trying for a baby.

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls

The bridesmaid dresses arrived today. This one needs taking in but just to show you what they look like in real life:

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow that is stunning. Love these but one of my bms would never go for it I just know! haha!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, they are gorgeous! I would definitely be looking into these if I hadn't already bought my BM dresses.

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Karen, have you gone for a similar colour scheme?

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think so, my BMs are in blush plus I also have touches of gold in the colour scheme. Those dresses really are lovely, I'm glad it paid off for you ordering from America.

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, the bridesmaid dresses were from the UK - it's the MOH dress that I'm thinking of getting that's from America. I'm holding off for now in the hope I can find something over here!

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

Just a couple which I think would go:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_008010424021?CMP=SSH&tmcampid=28&tmad=c&sku=7864963&ci_src=18615224&ci_sku=7864963&placmp=SSH_2826109765_274476170_17050237610&mkwid=s4i0RtOwS%7cpcrid%7c69400338170%7cpkw%7c%7cpmt%7c%7cpdv%7cc%7cprd%7c7864963&gclid=CL_G3tbDhcoCFcE_GwodNxME9A

http://www.asos.com/lovedrobe/lovedrobe-sequin-maxi-dress-with-plunge-front/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5350924&clr=Gold&SearchQuery=gold+sequin+maxi&pgesize=34&pge=0&totalstyles=34&gridsize=3&gridrow=10&gridcolumn=2

http://www.little-mistress.com/clothing-c9/mink-embellished-lace-maxi-dress-p3653

http://www.little-mistress.com/clothing-c9/mink-and-gold-embellished-maxi-dress-p3728

Just to say those dresses are GORGEOUS!! I first started out with sequin ones and my BM's weren't keen. I was gutted!! They will look amazing in those, and it will all tie in once all the girls have their hair done and flowers etc so MOH will just look special not odd one out.

Good Luck!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh apologies, I misread that! Where did you get them from in the UK? Not that it matters to me, I have spent a small fortune on dresses already, just curious really!

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Charliebob, shame your BM's weren't keen. Are you paying for the dresses? I'm being a little bridezilla about them I think - I'm paying for them so the final decision is mine!

Thanks for for the links - the first one is out of stock but is probably the best colour match. Might be a bit too slinky for my MOH's body shape though. I looked at the 2nd before; ASOS has some lovely dresses but I don't want one with a side split which most of them have on that site. The other two are nice - the last one especially but not really the colour I'm after.

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A website called Goddiva. I can't fault them really (other than the limited size range!) they've answered any queries I had within the same day and the dresses arrived really quickly.

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

That's ok! I have a day off today and I am super bored waiting for my OH to finish work so thought I would have a nose around some websites. I love looking for wedding bits, it's so much fun.

And yes I am paying for the dresses, luckily I found mine from Quiz for £50 each which was half our budget per BM. 3 out of 4 of the like the dress so I don't think I have done too bad. Buying for them has been a nightmare though, my sister became pregnant after buying the last lot of dresses so had to return them.

I'm sure you'll find something, those dresses are beautiful and once you've put all the colour schemes together you can tie it in with the MOH's dress. You're right they should feel comfortable in it, and not have bits hanging out lol.

• L
    Beginner December 2016
    LuxuriousPinkDecor559 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Beckalina! I'm so close to ordering these dresses myself, I love them! I wondered if you have any other real life photos (maybe from the back)? The one you posted has already been so useful (I only found your post via searching google for images of it!). Do you have any advice in terms of sizing (do they come up large or small, length etc?). How do you find the quality? Your bridesmaids will look stunning!

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

Those dresses are gorgeous i love the first one, I already have my bridesmaid dresses but really want these now. My maid of honour has her's already and its a sequin full length one, they others would look perfect in these. They don't seem to be on the goddiva website must of sold out Smiley sad guttered

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I don't have any other photos apart from a slightly blurry one of the sequins. The one I took was just to send to my sister.

I think it depends on body shape. I'm a size 8/10 and managed to squeeze into the 8 but if you've got bigger hips, bum and thighs then a size up is best as its tighter in that area. My other sister is a size 14 but does a lot of running & squats so has bigger thighs and needed a size 16. They're quite long. In the pic I posted my 5'7" sister is on tip toes so fine with heels but my 5'2" sister will need the length shortening even with heels.

• Beckalina
    Beginner April 2017
    Beckalina ·
    • Hide content

I had a panic when they sold out when I went to buy them too but they restock regularly. they have their own ebay page too if you just search for Goddiva on there.

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Hi Beckalina

A lot of UK salons carry Dessy dresses, so you could always look at ordering one through them?

xx

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Both beautiful dresses! I wish I had found that website when I was looking for my BM dresses! My only advice would be not too wait too long in the hope of finding a UK dress, just incase you can't find any and then the America ones may not be available anymore, a similar thing happened to me and I was kicking myself!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics