Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2017

Bridesmaid dress nightmare! Help!!

SophieLou1994, 11 of March of 2016 at 13:24 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello ladies!!

Fairly new bride here so this is my first forum post!

I'm not getting married for a fair while yet, but due to budgeting and other contributing factors, I'm having to look for my bridesmaid dresses already and I'm having an absolute nightmare.

I've had my heart set on mint green bridesmaid dresses for a long time but I can't seem to come across any reasonably priced ones for my three bridesmaids! My bridesmaid's ages range from 16-28, so I'm also a bit conscious about finding something my 16 year old future sister-in-law (who is a bit conscious about showing too much skin) would feel comfortable in.

I guess the main problem is finding a dress that won't break the bank. I've tried all the use high street suspects to no avail Smiley sad

Can anyone offer me some profound suggestions or insight!?

8 replies

Latest activity by Galbear, 12 of March of 2016 at 18:08
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I googled mint green bridesmaid dresses and a lovely one came up as asos and reduced to 57.00

Might be worth a look.

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

Since mint green is more of a spring colour I would wait to for the spring/summer clothing collections to go on sale, if you have enough time before your wedding to do so. You might be able to find more options in your price range.

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

These ones from Debenhams are quite pretty:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_008010412433_-1

They come in short and long

xx

• jadeee
    Beginner June 2016
    jadeee ·
    • Hide content

I've got mint green dresses for my 3 bridesmaids, I found this company when I went to the National Wedding Show in Birmingham last year!

http://www.angelstardress.com/bridesmaid-dresses/

This is the link to their website, you can buy online or go to Birmingham where there based to try them on, which we did. They have a little shop (if you can call it that) inside a storage warehouse!! I was a little nervous with the whole set up at first but the dresses are amazing, all that needed altering was the length! ?

Here's a pic of the style I brought, this was before they got altered.

Just a heads up if you do buy them online, the mint green I personally thought were too light and once I took a photo of them they looked slightly yellow!? The sage green was more of a match to mint green to me, personally. I don't know how far away you are from Birmingham, if your not far it'd be worth visting them as the dresses I got were £60 each and when I went to pay they told me they'd only be £40 each, I don't know why but I wasn't going to complain! ?

Hope that helps x

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content

I'm also on the hunt for mint green BM dresses so will let you know if I find anything of interest - although likely you've exhausted all options like I have so far!! My challenge is dress style more than colour though - not an easy task!!

• A
    Beginner May 2016
    Arabella16 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya!

I have this dress for my BMs in a rose pink colour but they also do it in a mint green:

http://m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_008010411933_-1

(If the link doesn't work from my phone they are "Debut Green mesh corsage maxi dress"

I love them because they flatter all shapes (I have 5 BMs between size 6 and 18), are lovely and lightweight and are floor length with an illusion neckline so all of my ladies are comfortable in them.

They are a bit pricey at £110 but I waited until Debenhams had a % off event and paid £80-something. Only thing to say is most of my girls had to go up a size, but all loved the dress (and I think the green version is so pretty!

Good luck x

• Charleylaura
    Beginner October 2016
    Charleylaura ·
    • Hide content

Have a look on EBay! I've found ones I like that I've seen on proper bridal shops for a fraction of the price.

good luck Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner August 2017
    SophieLou1994 ·
    • Hide content

The struggle is real! That's my problem too really! I hope you find what you want!

Thank you ladies - you've all been so helpful

• G
    Beginner October 2016
    Galbear ·
    • Hide content

I got my dresses from this etsy shop:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DressCulture?ref=s2-header-shopname

I was nervous about getting them online and from abroad but the seller was really helpful and I ordered material swatches beforehand so I knew what the colours looked like in real life. The dresses came about a month ago now and I am so so happy with them - they fit the girls beautifully and the colours are gorgeous (MOH in lavender and BMs in lilac). They are very reasonably priced too Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics