Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

samjh87
Beginner October 2012

Bridesmaid dress- sage green or soft lilac Help!

samjh87, 12 September, 2012 at 11:37 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi,

My sister is my only bridesmaid (also having a flowergirl). We have a dress which is sage green, strapless and knee length. After talking to her last night she has decided that she would probably prefer a floor length dress. I have no issue with changing as it is her who will be buying and wearing it so want her to feel at her best but I am struggling to find anything!

Ideally would like something highstreet at less than £100. Wedding is only 6 weeks away on Saturday so somewhere we can literally go, try it on and buy would be ideal rather than ordering. Been looking at chiffon floor length and strapless. Our colours are sage green with soft lilac but I prefer the green as the main colour but think she may be leaning towards lilac.

Anyone seen anything that might fit the bill?

6 replies

Latest activity by gonnaBMrsF, 12 September, 2012 at 18:51
  • venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

If she's buying it herself, is she looking for a suitable dress? I had my bridesmaids do this, and we ended up choosing one my sister found! (But I'm totally lazy). If both are your colours, and she finds a lovely dress in lilac, I would go with her choice, especially as she's buying it.

My colours are antique pink, dark brown, burgundy, forest green, and sage green, and I had originally thought the pink for bridesmaids dresses, but they found a lovely dress in forest green and that's what they've gone with! I don't mind as it looks great, and fits into the scheme. (and they're paying them as well!)

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content

I have been looking today at 'non bridal' shops online to see whether there is anything that would work but haven't really found anything.

She is looking at pretty much everything maxi/ floor length at the minute as I am not too fussed that it is specifically 'bridesmaid' as long as it is in keeping. I know she won't buy anything before showing me and like you as she is paying herself I am pretty happy to go with what she wants and what she feels most comfortable in.

• kimyang1
    Beginner May 2014
    kimyang1 ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine bought some gorgeous floor length dresses from Dorothy Perkins, they were suitably weddingy without breaking the bank! I think it may be easier to find dresses in the lilac rather than the green, but having said that now it's Autumn / Winter the green may be making a comeback!

• kimyang1
    Beginner May 2014
    kimyang1 ·
    • Hide content

Just found this - http://www.chiarafashion.co.uk/Strapless-Pleat-Detail-Green-Plain-Maxi-Dress.html

• fairyfay
    Beginner September 2012
    fairyfay ·
    • Hide content

Coast do a sage green maxi dress called "Allure" but its £180 ☹️

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This. You could alway get a sash in sage green or something to tie it in a bit more?

• gonnaBMrsF
    Beginner October 2013
    gonnaBMrsF ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.missguided.co.uk/harriet-gathered-chiffon-look-maxi-dress-40691

how about this? It's free next day delivery and I know a couple of people on here have them in other colours and have said good things about them.

I'm going to order the mint ones!?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics