Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner July 2016

Bridesmaid dress- shop messed up measurements?!

ExpensiveOrangeStationery250, 1 of June of 2016 at 17:46 Posted on Planning 0 3

We have 8 weeks until the wedding, picked up our bridesmaid dresses at the weekend, and the dress shop have measured one of my sisters completely wrong! They measured her 3 inches short (she's 14 and flat chested, she has not grown three inches in 6 weeks which is when we bought them!! The shop were very dismissive 'well she's obviously grown' and saying there is nothing they can do. Does anyone know my rights in this? We need them to order a brand new dress express, and they don't seem to be accepting an liability at all! Smiley sad

3 replies

Latest activity by Mrs-Riley, 2 of June of 2016 at 09:57
  • katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, what a nightmare!! ?

Do you have any paperwork from when you ordered the dresses? Did they write the measurements down and ask you to sign anything??x

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Have you got copies of the measurements the shop took or the t and cs that they gave you when you purchased?

• E
    Beginner July 2016
    ExpensiveOrangeStationery250 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, they measured her at 32.5 inches and she's 34.5. They just say she has grown but I don't see how, I know she's 14 and in puberty, but she still has no bust and all her other clothes still fit her fine. I was too trusting and paid in full up front, so now they're just not bothered Smiley sad

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I have a clause in my T&C's for my wedding dress alterations that says if my body fluctuates bigger/smaller than the measurements taken on the day (aka putting weight on/losing anymore weight) than the seamstress is not liable and more will have to be spent to adjust further.

I suppose you/they can't prove that it's not the case that they measured her wrong.

To be three inches short would have meant they were pulling the tape very tightly around her- do you remember it looking tight when they measured? My seamstress only lightly put the tape around me.

Maybe ask your sister if it felt tight?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics