Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Bridesmaid Dress Shopping in Bristol - HELP! :S

10 of June of 2013 at 09:48 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello!

I am going to Bristol on the weekend with my bridesmaids to see if we can find some dresses! Can anyone recommend some good places to go? Ill be honest, im trying to stay away from bridal shops (unless they have good sales!) as a lot of the bridesmaid dresses tehre start at £150...way too much for my budget!

Any help would be much appreciated! Smiley smile Thanks in advance!!

11 replies

Latest activity by Sparkly Momma, 11 of June of 2013 at 16:41
  • S
    Beginner August 2014
    sdurn ·
    • Hide content

Are you shopping at Cabbot Circus?

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PFY1980 ·
    • Hide content

Pop to cabot, or the Mall at Cribbs. Depends what type of dress your after. House of Fraser has Coast and other similar consetions inside. John Lewis at Cribbs has allsorts. What is your budget? as this will give us an idea of where to direct you. As BHS may have a range which is better but Debenhams down from Cabot has a good range of Event where which may be in budget

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    sdurn ·
    • Hide content

Do you live in Bristol or surrounding area?
    Im from Wotton Under Edge Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    SJM1988 ·
    • Hide content

There are lots of places in Bristol. Try the centre of town (Cabots Circus) and also Cribbs Causeway by the M4/5. Has the usually big departments stores and some smaller stores too.

• C
    Beginner December 2015
    Cariss1 ·
    • Hide content

You can shop on line at justthebeginnings.com. Most of the dresses are less than 100.00

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

I know you said you'd like to stay clear of bridal shops but I've heard great things about Just For You Bridal in Broadmead (under the Holiday Inn by James Barton roundabout). They're really nice and not too expensive. Also, Gloucester road isn't far from there - great independent dress shops and also try up Park Street/Clifton Village if you want very "classy" outfits. Though I guess you'd be paying a lot more in those areas. Like others have said - Cabot Circus and Broadmead are great for your high street/department stores.

Yay to putting Brizzle on the Hitched map :-)

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

I know you said you'd like to stay clear of bridal shops but I've heard great things about Just For You Bridal in Broadmead (under the Holiday Inn by James Barton roundabout). They're really nice and not too expensive. Also, Gloucester road isn't far from there - great independent dress shops and also try up Park Street/Clifton Village if you want very "classy" outfits. Though I guess you'd be paying a lot more in those areas. Like others have said - Cabot Circus and Broadmead are great for your high street/department stores.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

Tbh I don't think you will find much that isn't in Cardiff. Certainly all of the big high st retailers will have the same stock. There is a Littlewoods Clearance in Ebbw Vale, it's pot luck but amazing bargains to be had. Have a look for your nearest monsoon outlet/house of fraser outlet/next outlet again they will have random stuff but it will be different to what is on the high st now.

It is worth looking online at the bigger chains as they have a larger selection online and you can always order into store to try.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics