Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ClaireMcToBe
Beginner September 2012

Bridesmaid dress shopping in Glasgow?

ClaireMcToBe, 11 of October of 2011 at 16:16 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hello! My bridesmaids and I are doing our first round of shopping for their dresses this weekend. (Very excited!). Most of the shops are by appointment only, and I am concerned about wasting time making appointments with shops who are going to be over my budget. The absolute maximum bridesmaids budget is £150 per dress, can anyone recommend any shops in or around the city centre who have a nice range within this budget?

12 replies

Latest activity by AllyMcBear, 11 of October of 2011 at 22:19
  • bluebell16
    Beginner September 2012
    bluebell16 ·
    • Hide content

I have ordered mine from angelina lamonts. its next door to slaters menswear at st enochs sq. you dont need an appt for them and the prices are not too bad. (i paid £130 for mine.) just be carefull if you do go there. make sure they take the correct measurements down and tell them you want to know about who makes your dress, ie the designer and where it will come from.

hope that helps. Smiley smile

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

Angelique Lamont? That was on our "definitely visit" list, wasn't sure of their prices though so good to know what you paid for yours. I have toyed with the idea of ordering online because they are half the price but don't know if it's too big a risk to take!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I used Panache, near Argos just off Argyll Street and really like the friend atmosphere. We went to a few different places but most of them were really unwelcoming and didn't really want us to look through the dresses ourselves which was off putting. We also went to Angelina who were happy for us to look for ages but they just didn't have a dress that was quite right unfortunately.

If you need anything altered get the prices first as I took the dresses to Alter Girls just across from Panache and Angelina and they were much much more reasonably priced than any of the shops.

HTH x

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

I came across Panache when I googled but the listing said they were a hire shop, never occurred to me that they would sell as well as hire! Are they reasonably priced too?

Good to know about the alterations, thanks!

• bluebell16
    Beginner September 2012
    bluebell16 ·
    • Hide content

I was in paache a few weeks ago looking at kilts, the kilts hire is a good price but i never seen many bm dresses out in the main shop.

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

I was in panache the other day and was told they dont do bm dresses. im going to little deva at kings street they custom make dresses and i saw them at a wedding fayre and the prices seemed quite reasonable as you can have your dress custom made ?

• niknaks22
    Beginner August 2012
    niknaks22 ·
    • Hide content

I got my BM dresses from Berketex - they were around £200 each but ended up being £600 for 5 of them so wasn't too bad.

The girls were really good with trying the dresses on etc, but I would defo say watch out for their after care as soon as they have your money their service leaves a lot to be desired.

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

You have me worried now niknaks i have ordered my wedding dress from there ?

• niknaks22
    Beginner August 2012
    niknaks22 ·
    • Hide content

It was stupid little things, for example:

I told them my wedding was August 2011 so that I could get my dresses out of the shop as I didn't want their alterations package - they told me that I could only pick them up Mon-Fri 9-4.30, and I worked 9-5.30 outside of the city centre, so the only time I could get them was on a Saturday, and they said that as per their terms and conditions they didn't offer collection on a Saturday but they didn't tell me this when I placed my order, nor did it state that on any of the paper work I had, so my friend who is a lawyer checked the paper work and said I was right, so called them on my behalf, they were really a*sey about speaking to her - but the long and short of it is, they let me make an appointment to pick them up on a Saturday.

Sorry if I've panicked you, but just don't let them take the p*ss - the dresses are fab, great quality, great price, came in when they said they would so no problems there.

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

Is little deva just kids or do they do adult dresses too?

sorry to hijack x

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

They do adults. i saw them at a wedding fayre and the dresses looked fab ?

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Ah maybe Panache have changed as I used them in 2009 x

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks will check them out

You voted for . Add a comment 👇