Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Yds86
Curious October 2022 Surrey

Bridesmaid Dresses

Yds86, 22 of May of 2022 at 18:13 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
Has anyone had bridesmaid dresses made? And if so how much would something like that cost? I’m really struggling to find dresses in the colour I want from somewhere in the UK. Found one in JJS house but as it’s from China, really wary and getting worried as I tried to buy a few with the view to return but that wasn’t allowed. Can anyone help or give any suggestions?

6 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 23 of May of 2022 at 14:02
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I have bought a junior BM dress from JJs House in the standard size and returned it with no issues. You do not get the shipping cost refunded but cost of the dress was all back in my account no problem. They do not however accept returns on custom made sizes. Now I have ordered all 5 BM dresses from them and 3 are custom sizes , they are due to arrive this week so I will post on here about how I get on!
  • Yds86
    Yds86 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your reply. I started an order with JJS but they wouldn’t allow me to order a few different styles in a standard size with a view to return the wrong style (as I don’t know which style would best suit all 3 of my bridesmaids) they said they make each to order and can’t afford to have people ‘buy many but only keep one’ So now worrying a bit as don’t know which style to buy and also if the sizes will fit them!
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah then JJs might not suit your needs as we knew we wanted 4 juniors in the same style and one adult in a different style. I ordered one junior BM in a standard size back in Jan and when it arrived we tried it on both my daughters who are 12 and 14 and it was too big! We sent it back and got a refund and decided on a different style dot all 4 juniors. In terms of measurements we measured everyone in Jan, then again in Mar and April to check growth. My two younger BMs are in standard sizes but my older two are in custom as their measurements didn’t fit any specific size- i did have email discussions with JJs on this and we agreed on the custom ones I have chosen. All 5 dresses are due to arrive this week so fingers crossed we have got it right! If not then I will have to sell the custom ones on EBay! Will post on here when I receive the dresses!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It really depends on the style and fabric and the area you're in (some places will be cheaper than others). Your best bet is to contact a couple of local dressmakers for quotes.

• Yds86
    Yds86 ·
    • Hide content
    Like a dark purple- on sites they call it grape
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    I have met a lovely lady from South Yorkshire who makes them and they start at £125 ish each x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics