Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2025 Suffolk

Bridesmaid dresses

Simone, 29 of January of 2023 at 21:31 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 11
So I have 3 bridesmaids and 2 of them don’t like their arms out when wearing dresses. I of course want them to be comfortable in what they wear. What could they use to cover their arms if no dress they like has them covered? I’m going for beige or champagne colours

11 replies

Latest activity by Lex, 5 of February of 2023 at 16:53
  • Anna
    Curious June 2024 Surrey
    Anna ·
    • Hide content
    The easiest option is probably finding dresses that do offer arm coverage (if bridesmaid #3 would prefer bare arms, perhaps slightly different dresses in the same colour/similar styles), but failing that, a formal cape or bolero might work? A few inspiration pics from a quick Google:

Bridesmaid dresses 1John Lewis

Bridesmaid dresses 2Coast
    Bridesmaid dresses 3
    Etsy

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I feel you, one of my bridesmaids has said she desperately wants some sort of sleeves and that seems to be the hardest thing to find on a bridesmaids dress!

How do they feel about shoulders out? I'm about to ask mine about bardot dresses which cover a section of arm to see if that feels like enough.

Personally I feel like the bolero/shrug look reads MOB/MOG, unless it's a winter wedding.

• Ebony
    Savvy May 2023 Lincolnshire
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    ASOS have these bridesmaids dresses that are in beige/champagne. They’re all the same style but offer different sleeve choices so there are sleeveless options all the way through to long sleeved. Could be a good option as it means your bridesmaids get to wear matching dresses but with the sleeves they feel comfortable in https://www.asos.com/search/?currentpricerange=25-110&q=maya%20bridesmaid%20dress&refine=base_colour:10,37
  • S
    Simone ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are great thank you!
  • S
    Simone ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The John Lewis one what did you search? Is that cape separate or is it added on the dress?
  • S
    Simone ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s a summer wedding so planning to be hot fingers crossed! I looked on cicinia and they have quite a few options which have different styles. I don’t want them to be uncomfortable!
  • Anna
    Curious June 2024 Surrey
    Anna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I searched "formal capes" on Google & the John Lewis was one of the ones that popped up. It's completely separate from the dress, link here. I'm not sure what your budget is or if this fits within it—for a cheaper but possibly riskier alternative, there's a number of lightweight formal capes on Amazon at a fraction of the price.

• K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    Have you tried Wed2Be bridesmaids dresses? This is where I got mine from. All 4 girls picked a different style dress but we ordered them in the same colour so they match. They do a dress with capped floaty sleeves that covers the upper arms.
  • S
    Simone ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I did have a look but they aren’t doing the colour I wanted 😒
  • R
    Beginner October 2023 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Rachael ·
    • Hide content
    Have you had a look at Ever Pretty? We got ours from there as one of my bridesmaids wanted something with sleeves and there was a few different choices.
  • Lex
    Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    Multiway dresses are probably your best bet! We’re getting ours from “Kates dresses”

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics