Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner January 1999

Bridesmaid dresses and a change of colour scheme, HELP!

irrelephant, 27 October, 2011 at 20:22 Posted on Planning 0 13

So we've finally bought bridesmaid dresses, but the girls all wanted to wear Navy blue. and the dresses do look stunning in navy blue, SO elegant and pretty. But now i've got to change from sage green and pink to navy blue. I have no idea where to start. Feel a bit like my vintage dream is slipping away, especially since my dress isn't quite as vintage as I wanted either.

Can people please flash me their colour schemes with navy blue? Or does anyone have any suggestions how i can incorporate my pink and pale blue bunting, and vintage style table plan?!

My dress:

Maid of honour:

Bridesmaids:

13 replies

Latest activity by irrelephant, 1 November, 2011 at 10:24
  • Christmas Bride 2012
    Christmas Bride 2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there , I know you say your Bridesmaids all want to wear Navy blue but is this what you wanted ? Have you already paid for the dresses. Could the dresses not have been made in a different colour.

It sounds like you have already purchased your pale pink and green bunting so possibly it will go together. Navy blue is fairly plain so adding the ditzy pink bits with maybe just a tiny little bit of navy will go together still.

You could have navy blue candles in the centre with pale pink flowers around and vintage teacups with navy blue candles in them on the table for favours ?

Maybe play around a little with the colours and type then in google images see if you can be inspired

I hope that helps. xx

• Christmas Bride 2012
    Christmas Bride 2012 ·
    • Hide content

I cant seem to put the pics in but i just looked on google and there are some brilliant ideas of how the colours go , type in navy blue pink wedding vintage , then go to images xxx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

These look lovely:

• MrsG2B28.7.12
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsG2B28.7.12 ·
    • Hide content

I would have thought even with your navy dresses you could have a pale blue and dusty pink vintage theme. I think a vintage theme lends itself nicely to lots of different shades! I have darker pink bridesmaids dresses than I would have liked for my vintage theme because my bridesmaids didn't suit pale colours and I just plan on mixing in paler shades for everything else!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls.

Beanbump, the dresses are paid for. I felt a tiny bit pressured into it but also the pale green just looked stupid on all of them. They're all really pale with dark hair and the green made them look washed out. My bunting is pale pink and pale blue, so not totally different. We're having jam jars with candles so i suppose i could still use them and just tie blue ribbon instead of navy.

I was thinking I could have pale pink peonies? which is what i wanted originally. I guess its just more bold than it was going to be originally.

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ive this bridesmaid dress!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Annie, thanks so much for all those photos! I wanted to use green and navy together but my mum and sisters all said it looked weird. I don't know. Gaaah! still freaking out, think it will take a few weeks or so to sink in tbh.

Will show D when i get home next week and see what he thinks xx

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

Navy blue can still be vintage if you add softer colours.

I think navy blue can look lovely in photos too a nice deep splash of colour with paler pastel colours it can look great and still retain vintage charm!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Thanks annie and shells. Both put my mind at ease. Annie, definitely should stop asking people but I always worry that its going to look really stupid and no one will tell me so I ask instead.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Annie i think i love you lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics