Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner October 2015

Bridesmaid dresses for 12/13 year olds!!

Nicellen, 28 of January of 2015 at 15:39 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi everyone,

I have not been on here in a few months but now my date is looming (kind of...17th October!) I want to get my daughters bridesmaid dress sorted and this is where I need your guidance!

My daughter is 12, will be almost 13 when we get married and I'm really struggling to find her a dress. I can find dresses for adults and dresses for young grils but not much for the pre-teen/early teenage. Can anyone help? Does anyone know of where I can dresses from for this age?

Shewould like a knee length dress so prom dress sites could also be worth a look I guess?

Your help would be massively appreciated!

6 replies

Latest activity by Nicellen, 30 of January of 2015 at 18:48
  • MrsWarland2b
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsWarland2b ·
    • Hide content

I bought my bridesmaids dresses from a shop that sell Dessy bridemaids dresses. Dessy itself do a range that have bridemaids dresses and junior bridemaid dresses. The junior dresses are not child like but are also not too grown up.

They do a whole range of colours and materials.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Do a search for "junior bridesmaid dresses". BHS do some. I had a similar problem but have decided to get the dresses made. My three junior bridesmaids will be 10, 11, and 12. They have designed their own dresses - same full skirt but each has a different top, they are very excited.

• N
    Beginner October 2015
    Nicellen ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, really appreciate it! I shall get searching. I've got 3 bridesmaids in total & have bought the other 2 dresses but the last is proving more difficult! Plus, it's for my daughter so it's proving a lot harder as she certainly has her own ideas!! Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

What size is she? What colour/style/material are you looking for?

If she is a small 13 yr old, some adult womens dresses come in a size 6. As long as the style isn't too revealing/adult like, just look in the adult BM ranges.

Debenhams, M&S, Monsoon, John lewis, Next, TKMaxx. Also found this site, but no idea what they are like:

http://www.vividress.co.uk/guest-wedding-dresses/junior-bridesmaid-dresses.html

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

My advice is to wait as long as you can: at this age they don't just grow they change shape dramatically and a style which suits her now might not in 9 months time.......

• E
    Beginner July 2016
    Elephants ·
    • Hide content

I am having 2 girls who will be aged 12 and 13. I am getting married in July 2016 and like MOMB has suggested I am planning to wait as long as I can. It's frustrating in case we struggle to find something, I'm hoping they fit small adult sizes. I am having my dress made so am also considering having their dresses made too. x

• N
    Beginner October 2015
    Nicellen ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again ladies. I thought I was onto a winner today as I found a dress in the Monsson sale 12/13 years! But as soon as my daughter saw it she screwed up her nose and said it was too much like a party dress!! ?

I think you're right and I need to wait as she is growing in all places now and I'm sure in 6 months she could change size a lot! I'm going to look into getting a dress made but will wait as long as I can! ☺️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics