Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Y
Beginner June 2023 Devon

Bridesmaid dresses help!

Yasmine12371, 1 of July of 2021 at 22:03 Posted on Planning 0 5
This might be a strange question and my wedding is a while yet, but late night thoughts and all!
Who keeps the bridesmaid dresses? Do the bridesmaids give them back to me after? Do they keep them? Do I have to ask for them back after? Will that seem strange? Ideally I’m thinking I’d like to sell them after the wedding, but will they think it is theirs to keep?

5 replies

Latest activity by Yasmine12371, 5 of July of 2021 at 19:57
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Think it’s one of those grey areas. Who’s paying for them? If your paying then you have every right to ask for them back. Also are they being altered/ fitted to the bridesmaids? Could make them harder to sell.

I’ve kept all my bridesmaid dresses when I’ve been a bridesmaid but 2 of them I could wear again (more casual) and 1 of them I paid for. If the bride asked for them back I wouldn’t be upset or offended though ❤️
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I’m not sure there is a hard and fast rule. I’ve always kept the dresses when I’ve been a bridesmaid- even though the brides paid and I’ve never worn them since I’d be put out if they asked for them back (my problem I know).

I’ve paid for my bridesmaids dresses and I’ll let them keep them. I bought mine off the high street (oasis) so in theory they could be worn again. I see it as a gift.
    If you pay and want them back I’d make it clear from the outset. That way blushes on all sides will be spared.
  • H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think I've ever known anyone take them back to sell on, but it is tricky as a lot of bridesmaids dresses do end up never being worn again! If you haven't started buying them yet I would agree - make it clear you will be purchasing but do hope to sell them again after so they know from the outset x

• Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve never been asked to give mine back but wouldn’t have been offended if I had been.
  • Y
    Beginner June 2023 Devon
    Yasmine12371 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much everyone!
    The dresses I was looking at were pretty expensive, hence the wanting to sell them after. I think to save any awkwardness I’ll look at some cheaper alternatives and let them keep them! ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics