Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner May 2019

Bridesmaid Dresses - HELP!!

Bride-to-be-16, 2 of June of 2017 at 12:39 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here. I'm newly engaged but already starting to plan the big day so it doesn't creep up on me all at once.

I already have my heart set on a colour and its a dusty blue colour, however trying to find dresses online, that are affordable, in that colour is proving difficult. I really love the colour and I don't want to have to change it so if anyone has any sites or shops they can recommend please do.

I have looked in the usual places like ASOS, Monsoon, Debenhams etc but i haven't found any in the exact colour i want.

Thanks

L

2 replies

Latest activity by HappyBrownConfetti849, 6 of June of 2017 at 08:22
  • DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

The only place I've seen something like that is in the bridal shops. Don't give up on them too quickly though - our dresses were about £120 each (which I didn't think was too bad) but they had a sale rail that was much cheaper. Might still be worth looking at.

• RomanticBlueDiamonds624
    Beginner September 2018
    RomanticBlueDiamonds624 ·
    • Hide content

Have you had a look at David's Bridal? They can make any of their dresses in each range in any of the colours that they offer so they might have something for you.

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Hey X

How "budget" are you trying to be? There's "standard" bridesmaids costs between £100 & £200 per dress where you are extremely likely to get the dress and colour you want. Or there's the "budget bride" version (like myself ) where you want it to be under £100 per dress.

Places I can recommend are Dorothy perkins, house of Fraser, and boundary mill for higher quality dresses, or you can try amazon and eBay -but make sure the seller is reputable. I usually filter by "UK only" on ebay or prime eligible on amazon. Always check reviews and feedback too X

You could also compromise on fabric to bring costs down -jersey maxi dresses can look glam with the right accessories and cost a fraction of a "proper" bridesmaid dress..

Depending on your time scale, you can just check back at the same retailers regularly. Different colours are in season at different times. I want purple dresses but probably wouldn't find any on the high street until autumn.

Hopefully that ramble made sense, happy hunting x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics