Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TrixieSaurus
Beginner August 2016

Bridesmaid dresses (hopefully!) sorted AT LAST. And we have OH's ring!

TrixieSaurus, 21 of June of 2016 at 11:06 Posted on Planning 0 9

So..... wedding in 2 months yesterday, and I *think* we finally have bridesmaid dresses sorted! ?

Been a long time coming as 2 of my 'original' BM choices are unable to do it: one is very unwell, the other doesn't feel comfortable for personal reasons. Then there's my sister, who despite practically asking me to be BM, couldn't be any less interested in my wedding (in fact, spent a half hour last night taking the p*ss out of my choice of footwear, choice of guests, OH's family, me in general)

Went shopping in Westfield on Sunday, because we had to go and buy OH's ring from the Clogau shop:

Looked around and found a GORGEOUS dress on sale in Coast. Tried one on and it was sooo lovely to wear. Might even get one for myself!

Weirdly, it's a different price basically everywhere I look! And although they had 2 or 3 navy ones on the rack, I can only find cobalt blue online. Their website still says 95 and it was down to 49 in the shop, but i found them on Amazon for 57! Woohoo!

This is the dress:

Just waiting to see if they fit all the BMs and look as good as I hope. Just worried that one BM is quite top heavy and the dress doesn't have ANY give and comes up quite small. Fingers crossed!

If this is finally sorted it will be a HUGE weight off my mind... Then there's the shoe discussion... ?

9 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 23 of June of 2016 at 16:09
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I would happily wear that dress (back up bridesmaid offer lol !!) And the ring is lovely. Surely sister can't find anything to take the p*** out of regarding those. Ignore her. Your day, your choices.

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

My Sister in law has this dress, I love it!! She's also a little top heavy and it was very flattering on her. Jealous you've sorted your BM dresses, I'm regretting my choice to have the same dress in five colours lol.

I'm having a similar thing with my step sister who seems very disinterested, feel your pain!

Good luck for the big day Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely love you H2B's wedding ring - so lovely! I eyed up the Clogau gold but didn't find anything I really liked - but plenty that wasn't wedding related so may be having a return visit, haha!

I like the style of those BM dresses - definitely one they could wear again, which is always nice.

Perhaps you could have the one for the top heavy BM altered a little, to accommodate her?

• Catlady28
    Beginner March 2017
    Catlady28 ·
    • Hide content

I love the ring, very different! I have that dress for my bridesmaids, but in light pink. It looks fab on and does actually suit a bigger bust. My sister in law is very petite, so will have to alter it for her! x

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I would also buy that dress to wear for myself. It's lovely. I'm top heavy too and I think that's a style that would suit me.

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all Smiley smile

Jayne - you'd be surprised... apparently if I want a smooth and happy marriage, we should have got smooth rings! Dress she actually quite likes, but unfortunately Amazon sent the wrong size!

For the other BM, i'm sure the dress will look lovely Smiley smile I was just worried about it physically not fitting, although I may just be being paranoid.

Glad I ordered the dresses yesterday, as the price has gone up on Amazon now to 80-odd quid!! I do need one more size 6 though, to be taken in for my niece who's too big/old to be a flower girl (that will be OH's 8 y/o niece), but not quite big enough to fit into adult clothes! Only ordered one to see how it fit and whether it could be taken in or not, kicking myself for not ordering 2!
    Contacted Coast to ask about this random pricing structure and they were about as useful as a chocolate teapot. If I want another size 6 it's showing in stock at full price in Glasgow (not what I asked!).... Amazon told me Coast set the prices, Coast told me Amazon set the prices...

Just want this sorted so I can reduce my panic levels lol

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

For goodness sake! Hope your sister is single just so one day you can make all these random comments just to say "just kidding! Annoying isn't it!"

Ignore her. Probably loves it all and doesn't want to. ?

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Oh it's worse than that - she got married 2 years ago. It cost me approx 3 grand and 2 weeks holiday (to make it remotely worth the money) to attend her wedding in USA (they don't live here, they just had a destination wedding). Also had to cancel my plans to visit my best friend in NZ that year. We ended up with 4 days of that to ourselves after hen party/stag party/a day running round town doing things they had forgotten/ran out of time to do and then taking my niece home with us. It appears asking her to spend one evening extra before the hen do with me and the other 2 BMs and even staying the night of the wedding is too much (have a feeling they will duck out early - she did mention she was 'supposed to be going to V festival' which happens to fall on the weekend of my wedding!)

Honestly, it hurts :'( But you can't make someone care can you?

Anyways, just got a text - bottom line is she doesn't like the dress. Material doesn't feel that nice - expected more for the price, it's very thick too so hope it's not going to be too hot on the day... (Errr... have you seen the dress I'm wearing??? lol)

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Do you like the dress? If so, tell her to put up and shut up.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Ditto madam red. At the stage if need be I would remind her you did a lot for her and shut up complaining and wear the damn dress and you're sick of listening to it! It's your turn. It's your wedding this time not hers!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics