Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2011

Bridesmaid dresses made by dressmaker?

SouthB2B, 27 November, 2010 at 09:52 Posted on Planning 0 5

How many of you are having your bridesmaid dresses made? I'm having a look, just me and mum to start, on Thursday but one of the girls in my team at work has found a lady who's making hers and this really appeals. I think I'll struggle in a bridal shop as I find it hard to imagine a style in my colour and they seem to just have one colour of each style (understandably given how many colours they offer!). If you've gone down this route, how did you find it? Did you have an exact idea of what you wanted first and, if you don't mind, how did the cost compare to Dessy, Alfred Angelo etc? TIA x

5 replies

Latest activity by ashlil, 29 November, 2010 at 11:46
  • estilomodabridal
    estilomodabridal ·
    • Hide content

Hi southb2b,

sometimes its easier to get the dresses made because this presents you with the flexibility in style and colour choice.

i'm a listed hitched supplier and make very well priced quality bridal wear. have a look at our website and hitched listing. we also offer further discounts to hitchers.

• hp169
    Beginner February 2011
    hp169 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, theres a lovely lady on ebay that alot of hitchers have bought from including myself and for bargain prices. She will also replicate a photo of a dress if there is something in particular you have in mind x

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/huiyunkitty/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

• A
    Alice Brown ·
    • Hide content

I know one excellent website, there are beautiful wedding dresses and bridemaid dresses, you can have a look the fashional styles.

http://www.merbridal.com/

• L
    Beginner
    landy312 ·
    • Hide content

Louie Bridal

Girls Christmas Dresses

2011 New Style Wedding Dresses

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I'm having mine and the bridesmaids dresses made.

I want the bridesmaids dresses in the same fabric, but each ever so slightly different in style.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

I am having my dress made (because of the colour) and also my bridesmaid dress is being made too, complete choice of colour and style suitable for a 12 year old. And the cost of dress is £169.

12 year old is 5ft 5 though so an adult price.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics