Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L

Bridesmaid Dresses - multi colours

Lizwedding, 7 of January of 2020 at 11:32 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hey!

I need some help with colours and my bridesmaids are all too lovey and just say whatever I want. I was quite set on green dresses in different shades but not pastels but its proving hard to find ones in budget, from high street shops and in all the different sizes.

I have 5 bridesmaids and was wondering if people thought a mixture of greens (emerald, teal and dark green) and navy blue would work?

I'm so bad at matching colours well! Its a Spring wedding so not sure if all in navy is going to look too dark.

Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPinkDecor97438, 4 of February of 2020 at 10:15
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a friend (maybe one of the bridesmaids?) who is good at matching colours? Maybe ask them. Or you could book an appointment at a bridal shop to look at bridesmaids dresses and ask for advice on colours. I know when I went wedding dress shopping, I didn't have the foggiest idea what I wanted and they were really helpful.

• S
    Beginner August 2021
    SunnyPurpleStationery84612 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Liz,

I am in the exact same boat as you! I actually had asked my BMs to go out and picked their own dresses. They could pick whatever they liked (up to a certain value) but they had to be dark green. That way they would pick a dress they feel comfortable in and they would be mixed matched which is the look I was after- BUT none of us can find dark green bridesmaid dresses which arent either very traditional style bridesmaid dresses (which i do not want) or over my budget! I have literally searched everywhere online. I did order 7 dresses for one of the BM to try on, and she didnt like any. Im in panic mood thinking I may need to rethink the colour scheme?!!!

• W
    Beginner September 2017
    wamyood ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I just add these colors together with PS, you can check the effect.

I think it is not so good, but it is just my opinion. and also maybe the dress style I choose from happyprom.co.uk is not the perfect style so they didn't match so well.

• S
    Beginner October 2020
    SunnyPinkDecor97438 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my bridesmaids dresses from ever-pretty after a recommendation from a friend, had previously wondered if they were too cheap to be any good, but were good quality and fit both my bridesmaids, had loads of choice and most of their dresses are under £50, and quite a few in green too.

Re Navy for spring I don’t think it’s too dark, have chosen navy for my Bridesmaids, our colours are blue and yellow, and definitely wasn’t going to put them in yellow.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics