Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2016

Bridesmaid dresses on a budget

helen.kidd010, 6 of July of 2015 at 22:58 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has some good places they can share for bridesmaid dresses? We're on a budget (looking for c.£70 each), full length and with some sort of cap sleeve. My bridesmaids are great and not being fussy, but 2 out of 3 don't want to show off the tops of their arms and I want them to be comfy on the day!

I've searched the usual high street shops plus some online bridesmaid places, but no luck so far.

Thanks in advance!

17 replies

Latest activity by MrsWood2b16, 14 of July of 2015 at 14:56
  • Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried ASOS? They do some lovely bridesmaids dresses at reasonable prices.

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

What colour bridesmaid dresses are you after?
    Will have a look about and see what I can find ?

• Inspyre
    Beginner August 2016
    Inspyre ·
    • Hide content

People usually warn against Chinese sites, but I've seen a few people (even on here) rave about bridesmaid dresses from Light in the Box. Also, check Etsy, Amazon etc. If you buy through Amazon you might have an easier time with returns than one from a chinese site though!

Agreed that Asos has some lovely dresses at the moment and their returns policy is great.

*Disclaimer* I have no idea personally of the quality and service you might receive from LITB and it's something you would have to do your own reading around and decide if it's worth the risk!

• heli-c
    Beginner October 2015
    heli-c ·
    • Hide content

Not sure exactly where you are, and it's a little over budget, but I have ordered made to measure dresses for my BMs from a place called Classy Creations in Pinxton, Notts for £99 each.

There were lots to try on in lots of colours and styles but as they're made to measure they were able to make small alterations. My younger BM has had spaghetti straps added and one of my others with a larger bust has had thicker straps added to hide her bra straps!

The lady there was super helpful and did say she has brides come from all over!

• H
    Beginner September 2016
    helen.kidd010 ·
    • Hide content

Oh bless you, thank you! We're going for a pale blue or green, need the right dress before I decide for certain Smiley smile

• YellowDiamond
    Beginner July 2016
    YellowDiamond ·
    • Hide content

Hi helen

loving the thread - my budget is similar as I'm having four bridesmaids so the costs are adding up! One site I saw was http://www.queeniebridesmaid.co.uk - it looks great but I'm really nervous that it's too good to be true - like many of the others the reviews are at both ends of the spectrum - if people like it they seem to really love it, however if they hate it they really really hate it!! Does anyone of here have experience with this site? X

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Would a bolero jacket or shrug be an option for the sleeves rather than a capped sleeve? You might struggle to find sleeved BM dresses. I found these, but you might find something at TK MAxx also:

http://www.clothingattesco.com/dresses/f+f-signature-sparkle-mesh-maxi-dress/invt/br510910&bklist=icat,4,shop,catgwedding,womens-bridesmaids

http://www.clothingattesco.com/f+f-signature/f+f-signature-lace-kimono-shrug/invt/br510685&bklist=icat,4,shop,catgwedding,womens-bridesmaids

http://www.bhs.co.uk/en/bhuk/category/wedding-1020484/bridesmaid-3988957?refinements=Colour{1}~[green]&noOfRefinements=1

• SaraPoppy
    Dedicated July 2020
    SaraPoppy ·
    • Hide content

Diy dress is brilliant. I ordered 5 from there and they were £65 each. We tried in the exact same dress in a shop and it was £245! Really well made and brilliant quality. The only thing is I fooled into thinking it may come up quite short so had the extra 5cm added and now they all have to be taken up. Just be aware of that. Other than that I can't fault them :-)

• PrettyFlower90
    Beginner July 2016
    PrettyFlower90 ·
    • Hide content

I have experience with this site, Queenie bridesmaid. My friend got her bridesmaid dresses from here, and I'm wearing one of them. Got rush delivery and they were sent exceptionally fast. The quality I thought was good! There was a slight tiny snag in the chiffon but not noticeable to me. We got them made to measure but I had to get the length taken up slightly and taken in at waist a bit. But still cheaper all in all compared to some bridal shops. So based on this I would order from them again.

• daffodilly
    Beginner August 2015
    daffodilly ·
    • Hide content

I got my full length bridesmaids' dresses from Debenham.

I purchased when there was a sale on..... blur cross is also on now.... but also used Google to find a discount code which also worked. .... paid approx £57 per dress and they're beautiful!

Try it.... good luck

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at Ebay? I got our brand new Coast Lori Lee maxi dresses from Ebay for £70 each. My BMs didn't want to keep them, so I'm now re-selling them on Ebay to make some of the cost back, so its a win-win. We did try sale shopping but found it difficult to find everyone's size in the sales. this is the dress we had, they were all in perfect condition:

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

I bought the first set from e-bay and Bloomingdales like Sambrine. They were Coast dresses - £35, £45 and £25.

The second set were from J Crew for £75 each in the sale.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Quiz, £50 each in the sale.

• H
    Beginner September 2016
    helen.kidd010 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - the diy dress site looks great actually, one of the girls I work with is looking on there for her bridesmaids as well. I've ordered their sample book to start with

• J
    Beginner June 2016
    Jade8 ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone bought the colour swatch brochure from DIY Dress? There's an ideal dress on there but need to get an idea of the colour!

• Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried M&S? I got my BM hers from there, was less than £60 ?

• H
    Beginner September 2016
    helen.kidd010 ·
    • Hide content

I've ordered the colour swatch from there - ordered Saturday so hope it's here soon!

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsWood2b16 ·
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics