Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner February 2014

Bridesmaid dresses on a budget - reassurance please!

Wifeytobe88, 27 of June of 2013 at 17:59 Posted on Planning 0 31

I've got 4 bridesmaids, and my budget is £500, so max £125 per dress. I can't find ANY bridesmaid dresses I like (in either duck egg blue or silver) anywhere near this budget.

How much have you all spent on your BM dresses?

31 replies

Latest activity by Laura Ellen Photography, 4 of July of 2013 at 17:02
  • Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

I'm looking for some in cobalt blue for this price too, proving difficult!

Im sure ive seen some duck egg ones in coast though, and there's a 25% off voucher in the latest weight watchers mag (expires this weekend I think)

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

I also have four bridesmaids plus two flower girls so on a tight budget! I found some lovely dresses on ebay for £30 and I ordered a 'tester' one which is lovely so going to get mine from there!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from BHS for £40 but their colour range is quite limited. It's worth checking if any of the bridal shops will do discount for "bulk" purchases. Mori-lee dresses for example start at around £140, if they'd give you 10% off then you'd get them within budget.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

These are £5 over?

https://www.velvetbirdcage.co.uk/shop/nopcart/sweetness.html

Had to edit to say that this site has lots of lovely styles and colours, bit pricey though.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

£34.99.

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    cerysrichards ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

which one on ebay did you get? I've been looking at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Angel-Womens-Dresses-Bridesmaid-Evening-Party-Formal-Prom-Dress-Gown-In-Stock-/160907442140?pt=UK_Women_s_Dresses&var=&hash=item2576d4b7dc

was the quality ok? I have 3 adult bridesmaid and 3 flower girls xx

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

There's a gorj duck egg blue maxi dress in Coast which I LOVE, but they're £170 so way over budget Smiley sad there were some others which I liked the look of online and they were in the sale but they were awful in the flesh, really unflattering and a weird fit. I'm hoping to get them high street but its a hassle getting everyone to try them on too as one bridesmaid lives in London and my sister in Bristol! Nightmare. My wedding's not until the end of Feb, I've got plenty of time right?

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are the ones that I ordered:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251167100284?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I was surprised at how good quality they are! They are really well made and nice fabric and they came in about a month. Going to be ordering them for my bridesmaids and the seller said he can also make them longer and slightly alter them for me.

[View:https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/27/5850.bridesmaid-dress.docx:550:0]

Hope that helps! x

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But with the 25% discount is only £127.50 per dress....

I'm sure there will be other discount codes that last longer than this weekend anyway, I think one of the wedding mags also has 20% off coast til mid July

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    cerysrichards ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

fab thank you x

• O
    Beginner August 2013
    okikokikate ·
    • Hide content

Months of searching (new styles added all the time) let me find 4 bmaid dresses, royal blue, 30 each from honk kong thru ebay

Bargain!

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    kat2504 ·
    • Hide content

You could try ebay - there are loads of full length chiffon dresses which are made very cheaply in china. It's a bit of a risk though if you don't like them or you are disappointed with the quality or they don't fit right - I imagine returns would not be so easy.

Girls of elegance is a good budget uk option - they have a reasonable choice of short and long bm dresses within your budget.

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

My budget was £120 per dress, so £360 as I have 3 BMs.

I found the dress I want and they were only £30.00, the following week they were reduced to £15.00, so I bought them. They are now sold out, but I have my 3! Smiley smile

So instead of £360 I spent £45 for 3 dresses = happy !

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_008010848049_-1

Makes me wish I had grown up bridesmaids!

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    cerysrichards ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

where did you find these? xx

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

H&M in the end, we looked at all the generic shops for bridesmaid dresses, including debenhams, bhs and coast.

Had a look in H&M as they do lots of plain colours without pattern and found plum purple floor length dresses in a non clingy material. On the hanger they looked ok, not show stopping, on they looked gorgeous and they slink in at the waist ?. I'm making sashes to go around the middle to add a little more oompf!

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

Where can I buy Weight Watchers magazine girlies? In a normal newsagents like WHSmith? I just hope that if I get the discount voucher, I can return the dresses if needed, as I'll need to buy all 4 before my BM's can even try them on.

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

Yep any normal newsagent. Sainsburys/tesco have them too

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I found mine in thr debenhams sale. £25 instead of £85! You could always go for a day out with your girls to find whatbstyle you want, then you know what you are looking for if you do find some on the internet. My cousin used jjs house website for hers. You can select your style and colour. They have a sample book you can order too. X

• V
    Beginner February 2014
    VDayBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya, what colours do BHS do?x

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

We got married on Saturday and everything about our day was done to small budgets, yet you would never know.... At least, I don't THINK it shows :0)

My 4yo dress was £50 in the bridal shop sale....

My 15yo wore a miso tulip bottom dress I bought from Ebay for under £20 (not great pic sorry)

And my 19yo was £40 from Ebay also

They all looked amazing (not got TOG pics back yet so limited options for properly showing sorry) and I think if you Can shop savvy you can get some real bargains :0) xx

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

they have a huge range of colours from dusky pink to sapphire blue. There is not a huge range of shades, pretty much one dark and light pink, one dark and light purple etc but they're nice dresses for the money. Just be aware that on both the bridesmaids and flower girls we've had to go up by 2 sizes.

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where did you get your dresses? I'm also searching for dresses on a budget!

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tealbutterfly27 ·
    • Hide content

Our bridesmaids dresses are under £40 with post and packaging, I was a little unsure about ebay but after seeing the dresses a friend got from china I was happy to go for them.

'Inthelightbox' has some lovely ones...and some lovely sale pieces too. You seem like you have a good budget =)

https://www.lightinthebox.com/c/bridesmaid-dresses_1773

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you to the girl who suggested WW magazine (sorry I'm on my phone so can't view your name). I got the Coast voucher! But after calling my local store and several others it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get all the sizes I need in the gorj maxi dress. I might get two though and have my other two bridesmaids in silver (colour scheme is duck egg blue and silver) - I really like the look of mismatched bridesmaids!

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

Ah you're very welcome! I went to Oxford St today to the big coast and got my Bms dresses too! They didn't have all the sizes but the really really helpful shop assistant phoned round and I've got one on hold in another store I'll pick up tomorrow and another one in the post. Exciting!!

• C
    Beginner December 2015
    Cariss1 ·
    • Hide content

Try justthebeginnings.com. My dresses were under 100.00. When I received the dresses the color and quality was great.

• estilomodabridal
    estilomodabridal ·
    • Hide content

Having the dresses made as you have not found what you like may be an option,

• lauzd
    Beginner August 2013
    lauzd ·
    • Hide content

Got my one and only bridesmaid dress from House of Fraser for £60 Smiley smile

Flowergirl dress came from Boots for £11! She's only 16 months old and tried it on for the first time on Monday and absolutely loved it, she was giggling and jumping up and down......so so cute Smiley smile

xxx

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Miss-november ·
    • Hide content

We were in debhanams looking at dresses last week and the woman working there suggested that a way to save a bit would be to open a store card. You get 10% off when you do and if you pay it off straight away you'll not pay any interest. And then you could always close the account if you wanted to.

Just an idea. Also they have a really good sale on at the moment!

• Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

I've just ordered my 4 maids dresses from Coralie Beatrix and one of them is this colour (they are all wearing a different colour) http://www.etsy.com/listing/128143867/vintage-sailboat-blue-octopus-infinity?ref=shop_home_active.

I don't know if you've got a certain shade in mind, but she has other colours/fabrics too. They're all made to their sizing and were £344 in total, but there will be import tax to pay, so may take it up another £50 or so.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics