Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner July 2016

Bridesmaid dresses online- any recommendations?

ExpensiveOrangeStationery250, 8 of February of 2016 at 08:07 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi all. I want to buy my bridesmaid dresses online as I just can't find a shop that does the sort of dresses I want in the right colours! But every website I look at seems legit, until I read into the company and they manufactured in China!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a UK based bridesmaid dress company?

Thanks Smiley smile

10 replies

Latest activity by Pandabride, 17 of February of 2016 at 15:21
  • E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

Depends on what colours and style you want, but I got my BM dresses from ASOS for about £60 each and they're gorgeous. I'm also making some sparkly sashes but they'd still be lovely without.

• E
    Beginner July 2016
    ExpensiveOrangeStationery250 ·
    • Hide content

I've tried Asos, bhs and debenhams, they don't really have anything in my colour, let alone a style I like! I really want them in coral, but everything this season is blush! Plus I have a junior bridesmaid who is 9 and none of those websites seem to cater for that, either grown ups or flower girls! Finding it all a bit frustrating, I don't want anything super special, just full length chiffon gowns that are coral and produced in the UK!

• E
    Beginner July 2016
    ExpensiveOrangeStationery250 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I have found a couple in little mistress, good recommendation! Nothing for my youngest sister still but at least I have a couple of options now! Thanks for the suggestion Smiley smile

• sydneysays
    Beginner May 2016
    sydneysays ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine from forherandforhimcom (yes it's a China-based factory) and they are honestly amazing. They arrived promptly and fit the girls beautifully. They're the convertible style, so the skirts have tulle panels they can tie into different strap/sleeve styles Smiley smile

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I spent a LOT of time looking at online bridesmaids dresses, and had similar concerns to you about the ones from China. I have heard some turn out really well though, but obviously it is a risk. In the end I bought them from littlemisstress, they have stock lists on ASOS and Very as well as their own website. They are reasonably priced and I'm really pleased with them, they seem good quality and are pretty good fits for all my BMs, just some small alterations required.

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsGtobe2017 ·
    • Hide content

Can you not get the youngest one the same as the others in a size 6 and have it altered? My daughter will be 10 when we get married and that's my plan for her because I want her in the same bridesmaid dress as the others.

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestion of Little Mistress - some lovely dresses!

Also what's everyone's thoughts on neckline style for BM dresses, am I being daft thinking it needs to match mine?!

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think they have to at all, it was never even a consideration for me when looking at BM dresses.

• P
    Beginner July 2016
    Pandabride ·
    • Hide content

Asos, Little Mistress, Adrianna Papell, Monsoon, Coast, Virgos Lounge.

Due to my bridesmaids all being different body shapes/heights etc I have kept to the same colour group and have given them a choice so that they will feel comfortable (and can probably get use out of the dress in future!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics