Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MischiefMumma
Beginner August 2014

Bridesmaid Gifts

MischiefMumma, 24 of June of 2014 at 11:29 Posted on Planning 0 11

Good Morning ladies,

Ive been away for a little while attempting to make finishing touches to the arm long list of jobs we still have to do! One of these jobs is to find bridesmiad gifts. OH was adamant the he wanted us to get little Swarovski ornaments for our BMs. I thought this was a lovely idea until he started showing me pictures of fish and cow ornaments. I thought we'd get things that are relevant to us not just an ordinary gift. He didnt understand what I was saying but after much explanation, I told him that they are gifts from us the B&G as well as MM & Mr MM not just two randomers so I'd surely expect them to be relevant to our likes.

I told him that something to do with bunnies would be better (we have two house rabbits and are bunny mad!) but neither of us could find anything.

So fast forward to 6 weeks to go, we still have no BM gifts. Or Parents of the B&G gifts. I though about getting a pretty bracelet for each of the girls would be fine, im sure thats what Ive seen other people give to their BMS.

Anyway, my question is, what will you be giving to your BMs, jewellery? Gifts?

Thank you! xx

11 replies

Latest activity by soon2bmrsxxx, 29 of June of 2014 at 10:45
  • H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

I am not sure yet, but at the moment I am thinking of making each BM a necklace to wear on the day and thereafter, and they will be relevant to their tastes (for example, one LOVES butterflies). I love making jewellery so this is right up my street!! I made a pendant for one of my BM's for her birthday a couple years ago, and she loved it Smiley smile

• X
    Beginner July 2018
    x-talie-x ·
    • Hide content

For me I wouldn't be able to make the decision because I have SO many ideas going on in my head.

I was a bridesmaid a couple of years ago and the Bride got us a little bag of goodies which she gave us in the morning - it included the lip colour she wanted us to wear, the jewellery that we wore, a little bridesmaid survival kit .. and during the speeches we were given another gift bag which contained a picture of us and the bride and also a wooden memory box which was personalised with wedding details.

This probably wouldn't be my first choice as I would like to give a special gift from me to the BMs on the morning of the wedding then something special from me & OH to the BMs during the thank you's.

Here are a few ideas I have ..

A glitter wine/champagne bridesmaid glass

A photo frame/memory book from Hen Do/past fun times together

'Bridesmaid' gifts - mug/necklace/photo frame

An origami owl locket - this is probably my favourite as you could personalise them to be unique to each BM but also put a little bit of your wedding in there with the colour or something (I would love to receive one of these as a gift)

A simple necklace for them to wear on the day with a little love heart with their initial on and a little pearl/gem in the wedding colour?

A Clairabella type bag? There are so many variations to these on Facebook pages now!

Also, Pinterest is amazing for ideas and there are so many pages on Facebook nowadays you can get inspiration from. I guess it depends on your taste etc.

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

I have bought my bridesmaids a Claireabella bag each and a makeup set so at least if they want to retouch up their make up in the evening they have options!

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    LucyLastic ·
    • Hide content

I have personalised mirrors for our bridesmaids so that they can ensure they look beautiful all day long...plus a card that I hope to put lots of sentiment into x

• chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaid range from 11 to 24 so im looking at getting them all matching necklaces to wear on the day.

Our theme is focused around daisies so hoping to find a one with a daisy pendant

• X
    Beginner July 2018
    x-talie-x ·
    • Hide content

Hi, (sorry to steal the thread for the reply!) but not sure if you have checked any high street stores out?

River Island - Jewellery section has some really cute daisy items - earrings, anklet, necklace and potentially a bracelet but I guess you could use the anklet as a bracelet (maybe?)

Obviously I don't know your colour scheme etc so I don't know if these will match or if they are too 'tacky' for what you are looking for but just an idea!

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

We have done a little survival kit for the day, for the older BM's there is a pink hip flask that'll go with a miniature, a pair of knickers that say Bridesmaid, some flip flops for the evening, nail file, lip gloss, small washbag and a GlossyBox voucher. Teen BM's have the same but without the hip flask and flower girl has a teddy bear with the date on it. I've also personalised some sunglasses for them for the day.

They'll all have matching necklaces and bracelets with the infinity symbol on it 49p from Amazon - bargain!!

Love the idea of presenting them with a photo frame at the dinner!! That's gone in my ideas box.

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

I made them all a necklace that matched our theme, with each one being slightly different to try and match the BM's personality:

I also made them an offensive crossstitch and had them framed (downloaded pattern pdfs from Subversive Crossstitch); this is the only non-rude one:

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I gave them bracelets and earrings on the day, but I don't really count them as presents because I wanted them to wear them on the day.

We got married abroad, so a few weeks before the wedding, I got them a box filled with travel essentials such as an eye mask, mini toiletries and a personalised passport cover. We then got welcome bags for everyone, so they got the same as everyone else, plus some glittery party feet and a bridesmaid hoodie.

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    BridetobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of buying my 3 BMs pandora charms as they all have at least one pandora bracelet each...what would be the average spend for BM gifts?

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    soon2bmrsxxx ·
    • Hide content

It does get hard on what to buy your bridesmaids. I have seen and purchased personalised dressing gowns for my girls and also for my mom and my mother in law to be.

I have also purchased personalised slippers to match them - all to wear on the morning of the wedding when we are getting ready and they can keep them and wear them after.

From the same company I have purchased lovely photo frames where I am going to put a photo in each of me and them.

Also friendship balls that have personalised tags. Everything I have purchased was gift wrapped by the company and ready to lay out on the bed for when my girls arrive at the hotel the night before.

The company I went through is

Nid damour they are on Facebook and a website www.niddamour.co if you email them they are a fantastic help. Very affordable too.

Also I like the idea of the personalised wine glasses - they have them too.

Good luck x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics