Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious October 2022 Buckinghamshire

Bridesmaid Hair & Make Up

Alice, 6 of August of 2021 at 22:11 Posted on Planning 0 11

I have 5 bridesmaids and I've started to look into hair and make up for me and my bridesmaids and I was very naive and didn't realise how expensive it is! I am definitely having my hair and make up professionaly done as I am useless at it but would it be strange if I didn't include my bridesmaids and they did their own hair & make up? Or is it cheeky to ask them to help contribute to it?

Thanks in advance!

11 replies

Latest activity by Alice, 10 of August of 2021 at 21:05
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    I have told my bridesmaids I will pay for their hair but have said if they want their make up done they will need to pay for themselves as I am already paying for their dresses and shoes they were more than understanding and said they would even help towards other costs if I needed them to!
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    I must add I am lucky that they are all married so understand first hand how expensive weddings can be!
  • A
    Alice ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah if you're paying for their dresses and shoes and then hair & make up it gets VERY expensive! So its good they have gone through planning weddings and know what its like

• H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

I think that's fine if you're not insisting they have professional hair and make up and leaving it up to them. I have said this to my bridesmaids that I'm very happy for them to do their own hair / make up as we can't cover the cost for them, so it's their choice and they have plenty of time to save and pop the money aside if they would like it doing by the MUA and hairdresser. Think the only time it's a little unfair is when a bride insists on it but doesn't pay! So sure that will be fine with them x

• L
    Curious September 2021 West Midlands
    Luxuriousgoldhair63616 ·
    • Hide content
    I've paid for their dresses and jewellery, as well as few other bits that they'll be gifted with. They forked out quite a bit for my hen do. I said I'd pay the deposit which was 50% and they pay for the rest on the day as depends on their style. No expectation on their hair and makeup, what suits them best really. I'm supplying their hair vine which they can wear in various ways. Two chose both hair and makeup, one chose just hair. The HMUA is separate to mine so we can get ready together. I think have a discussion about it and do what works for them as well as you.
  • C
    Beginner September 2021 Devon
    Christine ·
    • Hide content
    For my day we asked the bridesmaids if they wanted it done and are paying about £10 towards each of them to lower the cost as the more get done we got a discount anyway. They were more than happy to pay the rest (around £40) as they all wanted to look good in the pictures/know that it would last all day.
  • A
    Alice ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I would never insist on them having their hair & make up and not pay for it as that isn't fair at all! But I'm happy if they want to pay for themselves or they do their own Smiley smile

• A
    Alice ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I think its nice when everyone helps out with paying and contributing to things as it helps spread the cost and nice for everyone to be involved Smiley smile

• A
    Alice ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats good when they have discounts as that definitely helps! But I will be asking if they wouldn't mind contributing as that will also help with the cost Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner August 2022 Greater Manchester
    Libby ·
    • Hide content
    I have bought my bridesmaids dresses, so asked them to contribute for hair and make up. But I did say to them, that if they’d rather do it themselves or just have one and not the other done then that’s fine. 2/6 are doing their own and another 2 are only having make up done.
  • A
    Alice ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I think its good to give them the option if you aren't fussed with what they do Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics