Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2023 Cheshire

Bridesmaid help!

Rachel, 20 of September of 2021 at 15:13 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 3

Hi,

I need help with choosing bridesmaids. I don't have close female friends that I would feel comfortable asking to be bridesmaids. I have four nieces and one half sister who are all younger like 16 and under who I could ask, but I'm not close to my sister and don't want to ask her just for the sake of it. I also have one sister in law who I really get on with but I don't wanna ask her for her to think why has she asked me. Is it tradition to ask a sister in-law to be a bridesmaid? She'd be the only adult bridesmaid. Or should I keep it to just kids?

3 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 25 of September of 2021 at 21:55
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I was MOH for my SIL as she didn't have any close female friends and we are close. you could have just your SIL and nothing else, it will certainly keep the cost down. Or you could have all the nieces and your sister but the cost would soon add up and if you are only asking because you think you need BM's them I wouldn't, also if you have the nieces you would feel obliged to have your half sister as it would look a bit unfair if she wasn't included. It is your day, you don't have to have a huge bridal party, keep it simple and it will be far less stress. If you do go with just your SIL explain to her that you feel close to her and you don't have anyone else you feel close enough to to invite them to be part of your special day. It is hard as you want to please and include everyone but I have discovered having a larger bridal party (1 MOH and 6 BM's) there is a bit of stress trying to get dresses they all like, hair and make up, gifts and the costs are adding up I kind of wish I had just stuck to my best friend only. hope you can make a decision you are comfortable with, as that is what matters

• Sophiehannah
    Savvy June 2023 Cheshire
    Sophiehannah ·
    • Hide content
    I had too many friends to have as bridemaids so haven't chosen them to keep costs down. We will have our daughter as bridesmaid (she will be 14 at the time of our wedding), im having my cousin who im extremely close to as my MOH and my partners 3 sisters. So 5 bridesmaids alltogether. X
  • Hayley
    Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    I'd say ask your SIL if she's the female you are closest to. You don't need to have loads of bridesmaids. Or if you have close male friends you could always go untradional and have best men or men of honour, it's your day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics