Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner November 2023 Gloucestershire

Bridesmaid & Hen-do Boxes

Missy, 21 of February of 2023 at 10:55 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone!

I have quite a bit of time until my wedding but I'm an over planner and worrier!
I was looking for advice on hen-do and bridesmaid boxes.

My hen-do will be relatively small with 3 close female friends, so I'd like to give them all a little bag or box with a few goodies in but I don't know where to start! I keep getting bombarded with ads for personalised cold cups/champagne flutes/slippers etc -- has anyone given these as gifts before, what was the reaction?
Also anything you'd recommend avoiding?

I only have one bridesmaid but I'd like to give her a small box on the morning of the wedding with a few little presents in. I've already paid for her dress and hair & make-up but any ideas that won't break the bank would be greatly appreciated. I have already bought her non-personalised pyjamas to wear on the morning that she can wear again afterwards Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by Continent, 5 of March of 2023 at 14:36
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Personally for my Hen I didn't five anything and is not something I have heard of giving gifts on your Hen, usually your Hen's will give you a little gift, mine did a lovely book with messages and pics of all of us over they years which was lovely. I also didn't do anything on the morning, but you could get some slippers to go with the Pajamas. It is really up to you, it is not something you have to do, I think there is so much pressure to give gifts but I don't like all the personalized stuff, we have 5 best man glassed and 3 MOH mugs in our house, which was a nice gesture at the time, but not really needed and I don't feel is that thoughtful as is very generic. you have paid for the dress and styling, which I think is generous enough.

As you only have one, I would say you don't need to do anything on your hen or the morning. We did buy our bridal party some jewelry to wear on the day which we gave on the morning, so that is an option. I also booked a Spa day for me and the girls a few weeks after the wedding which was a really nice way to de stress from all the planning and to say thank you.

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I’d say it’s super nice if you do, but it’s unlikely anyone is expecting it so maybe save yourself the stress.
    I’m gonna get the 3 of us some nice pjs (not bridal specific thinking like matching nice summer floral ones, just so we all have something new) for the morning of the wedding whilst we’re getting ready, and I’m leaving it at that Smiley smile My MoH’s both know this already, so no-one is stressing about do we or do we not need to think about presents etc. We’re all in agreement to leave it chill xx
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I am doing hen party bags for my hen do in May. There are 10 of us staying in a cottage for the weekend. I have got each of us wine glasses with names on, a hangover kit (which I'm filling with things like mini dry shampoo, lip balm, make up wipes, paracetamol, rehydration sachet etc), facemask, a hen do t-shirt, compact mirror, scrunchie, sweets and a mini bottle of prosecco. The website Team Hen have some great stuff as does etsy. Although it sounds like a lot, I actually haven't spent too much. I have shopped around and also bought packs of things like lip balms and then split them up. I would say the most expensive item was the wine glasses, which i got from etsy, but if you buy glasses from Ikea and then get decals from etsy, you can put them together yourself very cheaply.

I am also doing bridesmaids gifts on the wedding morning; I got initial make up bags from Primark, which I am going to put a bracelet in and a few beauty items. Then I also got robes and slippers.

I know none of this is expected but personally my bridesmaids have done a lot to help me and this is my way of showing my appreciation. I have also got friends coming to my hen who are travelling a long way to come or squeezing it in with work, so I want to show them how much I appreciate them putting in so much effort to come. I know they would be happy even without the gifts but its just something I wanted to do and l have the budget for.

• S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids made hen do bags for me and my guests, rather than me doing it. They included slippers, sashes and face masks.

For my bridesmaids, I’m giving them gifts on the morning - there’ll be me, 3 bridesmaids, a bridesman, my mum, my niece and my sister’s husband all here, so I’ve got everyone personalised champagne flutes: they’re a lovely gift but also means nobody will mix up glasses, so a practical idea too! My niece is 3 so she’s got a personalised little cup instead.

Each bridesmaid/man/my mum will have a gift bag with their name on, and in it will be the champagne flute, a mini bottle of freixenet (currently the mini bottles are 4 for 3 at Tesco) and a little chocolate thing from Hotel Chocolat that matches something they love e.g. one loves mojitos so has mojito flavoured chocolates etc (also available on an offer). Then I’m just writing a card for each person.

I spent ages going through personalised jewellery, perfumes etc but it was all becoming so expensive - really it’s just a token to acknowledge their contribution.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics