Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Darby
Beginner May 2025 Oxfordshire

Bridesmaid issues

Darby, 24 of August of 2024 at 16:55 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1
Hey everyone, I’m having a really tough time. I have chosen my bridesmaids and they have all agreed which is amazing, two of them live abroad and have said they are happy to travel for the wedding. However, one of them is being really difficult, firstly she assumed she would be bringing a plus one as she is a bridesmaid (she is single) and I kindly explained that our wedding is intimate with a maximum of 50 people, and she was a bit pissy with me about that. But now she’s pressuring us for a date and my partner and I are still yet to confirm the exact date with our venue. I explained we need to double check the venue and dates with our parents (my fiancés parents live the other side of the world) before we confirm and that we will confirm asap with our guests regarding the date. She’s now said “I want to be there but be a little bit more considerate for a wedding guest travelling 12,500km”. We have over 10 people travelling this distance, some even further and they haven’t been difficult and understand. I really don’t know what to do, she’s put a real dampener on the planning and it’s affecting my fiancé and I, and I now regret asking her to be a bridesmaid as I’m worried she’s going to continue to be difficult. I’m wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or has some advice.

1 replies

Latest activity by Nic, 4 of September of 2024 at 19:01
  • N
    Beginner October 2024 Cumbria
    Nic ·
    • Hide content
    In my experience, those who have been difficult to begin with only continue to be.

Wedding planning can get extremely stressful, I have been on the verge of calling it all off several times.
    I have unfortunately had to uninvite some family members. Pains me to say it, but since my experience has been so much better. I had changed several aspects to try and appease them and in the end they were uninvited, I ended up out of pocket and upset.
    I think you have to stick to what you want, don’t court opinions. Do things at your own pace and just say we would love you to attend but if you are unable to we understand. If they wanna be there they will.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics