Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner November 2017

Bridesmaid numbers

Willows2B, 28 of October of 2016 at 13:35 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all, wedding planning is coming along nicely for November 2017 ?

Next task is asking my bridesmaids to be part of the day, I just have a bit of a dilemma... I have three definite bridesmaids (if they agree!), my H2B's two younger (but adult) sisters and my cousin, but the perfectionist part of me feels that an even number makes more sense.. so then I would have to find another bridesmaid (there are a couple of people I could choose!).

The other problem is that I haven't decided whether to have flower girls.. and if I do that will be 2 flower girls, so adding it up to five.. another odd number haha.

Can people tell me I'm being stupid and that having an odd number doesn't really matter..? Photos of odd numbers of bridesmaids with bride may be helpful for me!

I realise after writing this out that I sound like a complete weirdo and really should be bothered about it being an odd number but it keeps playing on my mind!

9 replies

Latest activity by Willows2B, 31 of October of 2016 at 10:53
  • A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you're being stupid, but I don't think it matters.

I have never noticed odd/even bridesmaids or bridal parties.

• P
    Beginner November 2017
    Pandypants ·
    • Hide content

From a design perspective odd numbers always work better. Maybe it's the same with people!

Dont forget that if you include yourself next to your bridesmaids that makes it an even number. I'm clutching at straws here but it's worth a shot haha.

• T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

Haha bless you. it truly doesn't matter. Save yourself the extra cost and the hassle of an additional person's opinions. There really is no need to have someone extra just for the sake of it. I have three bridesmaids, plus me makes four - look at it that way if it helps!

• W
    Beginner November 2017
    Willows2B ·
    • Hide content

I keep having an image of a group shot in my head and it being uneven but then I don't really even want many group photos haha!

It would be an extra expense all for the sake of having an even number! I'm so silly?

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I've got 3 - two adults & an 11 year old. I had never considered the numbers... until now! ?

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I'm having five Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner April 2017
    emma_lou1 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 5 and never really thought about the odd number thing!

As others have said include yourself its 6!

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

Your not being silly, I thought the same as I had 3 bridesmaids, i thought the photos might look wrong but they look perfect.

Believe me your have weirder concerns then this before your big day. I'm a calm and rational person normally but the things I panicked about on the run up to my wedding was very funny.

Hope this photo helps.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

I agree, it really doesn't matter Smiley smile

We had 4 bridesmaids and 1 flower girl so a total of 5.

Then we had 2 best men, 2 ushers and 2 pageboys, so 6 on that side.

Never thought twice about it!

• W
    Beginner November 2017
    Willows2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! I didn't really think about including myself in the numbers so I guess actually it's an even number!! At the end of the day I'm not going to have loads of group photos so I probably won't even noticed it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics