Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner May 2017

Bridesmaid planning baby... When to go dress shopping?

DreamcatcherVN, 14 of February of 2016 at 15:01 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello!

I'm getting married in May 2017. One of my bridesmaids told me she's planning for her second baby this Autumn (October time). I'm very excited for her but just wondering when would be a good time to go dress shopping? I have 4 bridesmaids to try and organise so ideally wanted to go shopping with them around the year-to-go mark. But I'm guessing that won't be a good time for my friend? Should I wait until her baby is born (assuming she does fall pregnant straight away?) or try and go during early pregnancy? Or as I was planning on having mismatched bridesmaids anyway, take the others over summer and then take her when she's had the baby? But I'm worried about sounding insensitive or like I'm excluding her? Help! I've never been pregnant so no idea how to approach this without sounding like a bridezilla (I promise I'm not! I just want to be organised!)

4 replies

Latest activity by DreamcatcherVN, 14 of February of 2016 at 20:31
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

She could still come with you all then permit be her decision as to when she thinks it best to shop for her dress. That way she gets some input and also knows what sort of course or styles she will be matching to. Plus she can enjoy trying on even if she doesn't know what size is best for her yet.

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content

Ask her what she would prefer - give her all the options you've just given. If you do decide to go mismatched she could still go with you and the other BMs when they buy their dresses even if she decides to get hers post baby.

lexi Smiley smile x

• L
    Beginner March 2016
    LuxuriousGoldDiamonds273 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I've had the same and had mismatched bridesmaids so I just still got them to pick their dresses 6 months before the wedding and my bridesmaid who was planning to get pregnant picked a style she thought would be quite flexible. She fell pregnant and will be 6 months at the wedding so we are just waiting for her dress fitting to be two weeks before the wedding so all should be good!

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content

I think you have some time as if your BM conceived today she would be due until November time but it may well be longer then this until she gets pregnant. I should think if you go this may as you would have liked to, then she won't be showing so can try on dresses, then only worry would be that she might not have got back to the size she is now before the wedding, so maybe get 1 or 2 sizes up and then it can be taken in if needs be. Ultimately I think if you are open and discuss it directly with her and see what she thinks is best then you won't go wrong ?

• D
    Beginner May 2017
    DreamcatcherVN ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone :-) I think I will talk to her and see if she wants to come with the other bridesmaids to try a few things on and then order hers after the baby :-) hopefully it will all work out ok!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics