Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2015

bridesmaid shoes - heel height

suzannelewington, 20 of January of 2014 at 23:31 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello ladies. Need some advice please!!

I have seen some nude peep hole shoes for my bridesmaids in the sale reduced from£40 each to £12 each!! Bargain! But have just noticed the heel height is 4.5inches.... will this be too high for them to wear all day??

I dont think it helps that I cant wear high heels myself and think.i would find it quite uncomfortable but they have said should be ok... but dont know if they are just being polite??

what do u ladies think?? Too high or should be ok?x

11 replies

Latest activity by suzannelewington, 21 of January of 2014 at 18:36
  • Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

Thats about the heel hight I wear everyday... I cant walk properly in flats though

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

It would be too much for me for all day but it depends what they're used to

• N
    Beginner October 2014
    Nicola_25 ·
    • Hide content

I couldn't wear them for 5 min let alone a whole day, but my sister wears skyscrapers so I guess it depends on your bridesmaids .

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

Depends if your BM's are used to wearing heels...my BM's are wearing flats otherwise they'll tower above me!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

For me that would be too high but if they are saying it's ok then go for it. Also, they could always take them off later if they are struggling

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I agree. Have you thought of asking the ladies themselves how they feel about it?

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Shame but think it might be a bit too high for them to wear all day. My feet were killing by the evening and I was relieved to change into some lower ones. Maybe have a chat with them like the others have suggested. They could always change later in day to lower ones if they have any of their own going out/evening shoes or sandals which would be suitable! No one will notice! I bought a pair if mid heel sparkly sandals from next and was so pleased I had them!

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. They have said they think it will be ok but I have amazing bridesmaids and think they would tell me they like everything if they think its what I want.

think ill order them and then they can try them on. Ill suss it out if they look too big and can return them. Thanks for advise xx

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

My BMs have different tastes in heel hights. 2 of them love to wear sky scrappers & can happily stay in them all day & night, the 3 others only like wearing small heels as find big one uncomfortable & are quite tall. So i plan on telling them to buy their own shoes, they can get any style they want as long as they are cream x

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

My MoH has chosen shoes with 5 inch heels, however she picked them herself and is used to wearing heels at work so I'm sure that she will be fine in them. So yeah, as other people have said, I would say it's up to your bridesmaids to decide if they can deal with the height.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't be able to wear them all day. I would probably fall over them coming down the aisle! My BMs bought their own shoes and all went for 2-3 inch heels.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. Bridesmaids said they were alright with it but my h2b said no as they would all be taller than him lol x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics