Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2011

Bridesmaid underwear

LallyHay, 29 May, 2011 at 14:07 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all,

I have 2 bridesmaids and am picking up their dresses Tuesday. Before their fittings they need to have had their underwear & shoes brought. Now one of my bridesmaids will be giving birth this week & will have had the baby about 8 weeks by the wedding... her dress is strapless... do they do strapless bras for breastfeeding ladies?? or do they do clear strapped breastfeeding bras? Never had a baby so no idea what underwear suits new mums! I will take my bridesmaid shopping, but it may be some weeks as she will need rest after giving birth.

Also the other bridesmaid will be 12 & 1/2 yrs old. her dress has very thin straps on, but apart from that is identical to the older bridesmaid. Do girls of that age wear bras? If so I guess she would need to have one brought that has straps? or do they do strapless/clear straps for that age? I would ask her mum - but the mum is currently at the hospital every day with her poorly father. Has anyone had a young teen as their bridesmaid - any advice?

thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by Tray1980, 29 May, 2011 at 14:12
  • Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes you can get strapless maternity bras http://www.amoralia.com/shop/maternity-bras/second-skin/cat1/prod143/ - as for your teen, I would ask her if you are able as places like M&S so strapless bras that aren't "revealing" but are in smaller sizes.

Tray

• greenbean
    Beginner July 2012
    greenbean ·
    • Hide content

I am totally new to this game, but I had assumed that underwear would be the responsibility of the BM to sort out themselves. I figured it would be easier for them, and most importantly cheaper for me lol. Are they expecting you to provide underwear?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics