Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mandalorian
Curious July 2022 Devon

Bridesmaid / usher / specific roles - help?

Mandalorian, 31 of August of 2021 at 10:00 Posted on Planning 0 6
Hi all,

I have a choice between increasing bridesmaids (from 5 to 9) or having 5 bridesmaids and 4 ushers (or a different title altogether). I'm not having bridesmaid dresses, but will be paying for their hair and make up. Basically I just want an excuse to treat 4 other friends with hair and make up! I don't want there to be 'too many cooks' in areas that the bridesmaids have to manage, and there to be friction, but equally I know that only 2 or 3 of the current bridesmaids have taken on the heavy lifting of hen planning (the other 2 are family). My mum and fmil are doing readings, but we may have a friend (a kind of gent of honour - my best friend who's male) do one too. That, or a speech. Are there any other duties people can suggest to elevate a friend's wedding role to justify hair and make up? (Otherwise there would be other friends at the wedding miffed at not having their hair and make up done!) Or can the family members (fsil and step sister) become something else and not bridesmaid, so there would be 7 bridesmaids and 2 sister something roles? We're totally fine with modern / unconventional twists on wedding as it's not a traditional wedding at all. Thanksss!

6 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 31 of August of 2021 at 13:13
  • Mandalorian
    Curious July 2022 Devon
    Mandalorian ·
    • Hide content
    Should add - this is a replanned wedding after covid cancelled the first one!
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I have a MOH and my best friend who is male is Man of Honour. He will be driving me to the venue and then helping with directing people to their seats and helping the photographer to get people to the right place for group shots. maybe the other friends could do that? we also have friends helping set up our drinks reception as we are doing this bit DIY as our venue is outside. You go with what feels right for you

• Mandalorian
    Curious July 2022 Devon
    Mandalorian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah lovely! Thanks! I like the drinks reception idea. So will they pour the drinks? We also have a diy element but the venue said we can hire staff for £16 per hour. Although, if friends could pour out fizz into glasses and then guests help themselves thereafter, that would be good? (In the interest of glass saving, we want to get little name charms for glasses that people can keep hold of until toast - if that's realistic!)
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are doing pre mix cocktail cans as our ceremony venue is different to the reception, so it saves on washing up and collecting glasses! Our friends will be directing people to the drinks and collecting up rubbish. we are also doing snack bags for people to take between venues as is ah hour drive between the two so again friends will be helping give these out. The charms sound like a good idea, not sure how much it would cost you though and also check with venue if they will use separate glasses as they may have the toast drinks ready to go as is easier for them than going round pouring.

• Mandalorian
    Curious July 2022 Devon
    Mandalorian ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah nice, I was thinking of getting some cans too! Was thinking espresso martinis for a late night pick-me-up, if we can find some nice ones. Yeah I haven't checked charm price.... it's a good point. Happy to home-make something very simple though🤞 . We have to hire in all glasses and crockery etc as the venue is blank canvas / diy. But it's a good point re: pouring toast drinks! I'll ask venue to put bottles on tables and guests to help themselves I think (btw, tipple tip - Morrisons English sparkling wine is sooo much nicer than most champagne).

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the tip! our reception venue is all in price with the toast drinks so that is covered. you defo have lots of things people can help with if you are blank canvas. Good Luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics