Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Aimee
Beginner July 2025 Kent

Bridesmaids

Aimee, 5 of January of 2024 at 23:46 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2
Hi all, I need some advice. I am only having two bridesmaids - my sister and my fiancé's sister. They are the same size / height / age. However, both have totally different features, my sister is dark hair and olive skin whereas my fiancés sister is lighter hair and paler skin (but does tan). We are getting married in Cyprus so will be tanned before the wedding.

I am so stuck on colours, I wanted the sage green but as a satin but feel so many people have this now. I also love champagne but not sure how this will look on each of them. Obviously I will be trying both colours on them both to see what’s better.
Although, I am also wondering if I’d get away with going for a slightly different dress on both. Still same material, colour etc but just have a feature on each which flatters them individually. Or, would this not work, having only 2 bridesmaids?
Also I don’t know if I’m making a mistake only have 2 bridesmaids, will I regret it? Will it look silly?My fiancé is having 3 or 4 groomsmen, so will look very unbalanced Smiley sad
I just don’t know what to do … I haven’t even gone dress shopping myself yet so will base bridesmaid dresses off that once chosen but just want some advice ahead so I know what I can kind of look at!
Thank you x

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 13 of January of 2024 at 19:27
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    I won't be having any bridesmaids and my fiancé will not be having a best man. We are doing our wedding our own unique way Smiley smile.
    Do whats comfortable for you. Its not about putting on a show for everyone else its about what you want. Don't feel to pressured to conform do you!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You definitely don't need to have equal numbers of bridesmaids and ushers/groomsmen - the important thing is to have people who matter to you.

As for dresses - go with whatever works. I've been to weddings where the bridesmaids had different dresses in the same fabric, weddings where they had the same dress in different colours and weddings where they just wore whatever dress they wanted within a limited colour palette. And they all looked great. As long as they're not wearing a colour that is going to clash with any other colours you have (e.g. your bouquet) it will be fine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics