Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2024 Cornwall

Bridesmaids

Jrl, 13 of January of 2024 at 18:16 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice.
One of my bridesmaids never replys to any messages, the girls asked her if she wanted to help arrange my hen do about 3 months ago and they never got a reply, they've started planning it last week and she still hasn't responded to them in that chat.
I've already asked her once if she actually wants to be a bridesmaid because she doesn't seem bothered, I've asked her if she's OK and she is so there's nothing else going on.I just don't know what else I can do about it

2 replies

Latest activity by Katrina, 23 of January of 2024 at 14:00
  • I
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I assume she's responding to your private messages? If so ask her to have a sit down chat, one on one, no one else, and just find out what is going on and why she is not participating after agreeing to be a bridesmaid. Is she not aware of the duties of a bridesmaid? Reassure her that you are not making her do anything she does not want to but if she does not want to participate no point in being a bridesmaid. All that aside, make sure she is fine and not going through anything. If you think shes totally fine and she has confirmed to be fine and nothing is going on, she just genuinely can't be bothered to participate and do what a bridesmaid is supposed to do, just straight up tell her to just come to the wedding as a guest. Try and ask why she's not taking it seriously or wanting anything to do with it, see what she says before you make your final decision. But you have asked her to be your bridesmaid for a reason (hope she's not very close friend of yours because if you are close friends then that would be suspicious for her not to want to participate), and if she does not want to take it seriously do not stress yourself out about it and just let her know she's no longer needed as a bridesmaid but shes happy to come to the wedding still if she wants to.

• Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I can feel your frustration try calling her again. If not I would reconsider and ask yourself if you really want that type of person as a bridesmaid. I will not be having any bridesmaids just a small intimate close family wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics