Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire

Bridesmaids and Best Man

Sarahjp2021, 19 of March of 2021 at 09:21 Posted on Planning 0 4
Me and my fiance have decided not to have any bridesmaids/MOH or groomsmen/best men at our wedding. I wondered if anyone else is planning on doing the same or has previously done the same? I personally don't have many really close friends and my closest ones may not even be able to make it anyway. My fiance doesn't feel he has someone close enough to be a best man, a lot of his friends aren't even interested in the wedding at all. I feel like it's always assumed that you have to have bridesmaids and Best man but we don't want them just for the sake of it. I will have my mum with me to get ready and that's really all I need for support on the day. I'm a little concerned as my fiance lost his dad when he was young so doesn't really have anyone to be with him on the morning of the wedding day though, but he gets on very well with my dad and brother. Just wondered what people's thoughts are on it.

4 replies

Latest activity by Tyler, 31 of October of 2022 at 07:13
  • A
    Dedicated July 2022 Co Londonderry
    Ali312 ·
    • Hide content
    Definitely don't feel pressured to have bridesmaids/groomsmen if you don't want any. I have a moh, but it's a symbolic role for my big sister, rather than anything else. My oh isn't having a best man. Do what feels right for you Smiley smile
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    It’s your day, so do what feels right for you both. I’m not having a MOH or bridesmaids, but will have my two closest friends helping on the day. We have 4 daughters between us and 6 grandchildren, so the wedding party would have been ridiculously large if we included everyone. We are just having the grandchildren as flower girls/pageboys. OH is having a best man, but we’re not having any ushers.
  • J
    Curious December 2021 Oxfordshire
    Jenna ·
    • Hide content
    We are just having a wedding ceremony and evening reception at home (hopefully!) for our wedding. Pretty informal, and we are not having best man/bridesmaids etc either!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

My OH had his best friend as best man but I didn't have any bridesmaids. One of my besties was a witness and the other is a professional musician who offered to play our entrance/exit music for us so they were both involved. You can have what you want - best man and no bridesmaid, bridesmaid and no best man, both or neither.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics