Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner April 2025 Kent

Bridesmaids dilemma

Grace, 2 of September of 2023 at 18:04 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Hi all

I’m getting married in 2025 so it is a way off, but choosing bridesmaids has been on my mind and making me worried.
I will be having my sister for definite. I then have a group of friends (5 including me). One is already engaged and having only family as bridesmaids. My issue is that one of the girls is more like a sister to me, I know we will be friends in 20 years time and I would love to have her as a bridesmaid. I love my other friends, and value their friendship. I don’t think I can have 5 bridesmaids, our wedding is small (90-100) and I would not be able to afford it. I am really nervous about not including the others as I don’t want them to be upset or think I do not view them as good close friends. I have also considered not asking the friend I am closest too, but I feel I would regret it. Any advice would be much appreciated xx

2 replies

Latest activity by Ivana, 17 of December of 2023 at 20:38
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If they are good friends, they will understand. Especially as you are only picking one out of the four. And if she is much closer to you than the other three, then they are probably already aware of that. I've been in a group of four friends where only two got picked as bridesmaids, and it was no surprise to us which two were asked.

However, I would still suggest waiting another year or so before asking. My best friend, who had been my close friend for over 30 years, suddenly went super-weird the year before our wedding and we barely have anything to do with each other now. If you'd asked me just a few months earlier, I'd have said we would be friends for life. It's taught me that you can never tell what is in store!

• Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I would say either opt out of having bridesmaids and only have a maid of honour or literary just have one bridesmaid in addition to the maid of honour. It is your wedding day and it is about who you trust to be by your side on that day and who you want to be by your side. But you have time until your wedding, I would say start thinking about it when you are like 12 months away from the big day. If you still feel the same way then you have your answer. Don't stress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics