Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner January 2012

Bridesmaids Dress - Already sash & tied bows

Rose to Be, 23 February, 2012 at 12:44 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi Everyone

i have bought 3 dresses for my younger bridesmaids they are aged 5 & 6, and i want to change the middle of their dresses which is sequins all the way around the dress at the moment, and i want to replace the sequins sash with a ready made ivory sash and bow-(already tied( which will match the bridesmaids dress i have for my older bridesmaid. I am looking for a medum size bow that is pre-tied i cannot remember the size of the sash that i am after.

i have already found a person that is willing to change it over for me, but i have to find the above,

The reason i want the bow already tied is so that that there wont be that much fuss to tie them on the day with everything else that will be going on.

I have looked on ebay and there is one on there, but unfortunately the bow that is already pre-tied is to small. I don't know where else i would be able to get these apart from ebay.

My wedding is not until May 2013 but i am collecting little items/pieces every month so come next year i will not have much to left to get as most of it will be done already and will be less stress to deal with and not to forget anything.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rose to be

3 replies

Latest activity by Rose to Be, 23 February, 2012 at 18:48
  • venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

You've already bought their dresses? How can you be sure they'll fit?! I'm not buying the flower girl dresses until it's within a couple months of the wedding!

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    ce4mpMwp ·
    • Hide content

I bought my older DM dresses from dessy, and order all the sashes from dessy as i wanted it to match the flower girls dress. May be worth a try? I think it was about £15, but it looks gorgeous and really good quality.

HTH

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I would be concerned about the fit too. Can the dress maker make you some?

• R
    Beginner January 2012
    Rose to Be ·
    • Hide content

I have bought the bridesmaid dresses in bigger ages for the 3 younger girls, one of them has already tried her dress on and it's the right length for her but she just needs it taken in a little on the waist but that is not an issue as the person i have got to alter the dress is my auntie and she could do simple alterations but i dont think she would be confident enough to do the sash and bow for me, but i think she knows someone who can. I will have to ask to see if the person could do it. Would it be cheaper for me to buy the material for the sash and bow and have the other lady to do it, or is it better for me to buy a already made sash and bow for these dresses?.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics