Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Expert July 2023 Cornwall

Bridesmaids dresses

Anonbride, 11 of May of 2023 at 12:04 Posted on Wedding Attire 1 6

Where is everyone getting their dresses from? My current favourites are from StyleCheat but they are nearly £100 and when I showed one of my bridesmaids she was so shocked I was spending that much money on them and felt sure I could get some for half the price! It's what I budgeted but obviously if there are much cheaper options out there that would be amazing to save a little bit of money!!

The only other sites I've heard of that seem to be cheaper are EverPretty which has nothing nice in my colour or super cheap Amazon/Shien which I understand can be a bit dodge/see-through so I haven't wanted to risk it! Everything else I've found does seem to be around the £100 mark for dresses.

Any recommendations? Looking for champagne/gold colour.

6 replies

Latest activity by Mae-Jones, 15 of April of 2024 at 23:11
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think your expectation is far more realistic than your bridesmaids. Unless you are expecting them to pay, I don't see that the cost is any of their concern anyway.

Yes, you might be able to find a dress much cheaper than that, but it's going to be poor quality - and that's before you start asking questions about the treatment of the workers who made it...

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I got mine from Krisp (ordered via Debenhams for free postage and returns) the 2 Maid of Honours have the same colour but 2 different styles to suit their individual body shapes, and they were £70 each when I ordered them at the end of last year.
    We also looked in Wed2Be, and they offered a good range for £80, but Krisp were the ones the girls ultimately preferred.

I don’t think I saw anything at the £40-50 price point that I’d have said was particularly bridesmaids-ish, lots of general wedding guest outfits, but I suppose with deals on ASOS or Monsoon or something you could probably go to that price point.
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    I got mine from Wed2Be for £90 per dress. I think what you found is alot more realistic than your bridesmaid, if you want a proper quality dress. Yes you can find cheaper but you will notice the differences in the quality.
  • Phoebe
    Beginner September 2024 Kent
    Phoebe ·
    • Hide content
    Hi,
    I do also agree that £100 is a more realistic price range to looo at, however lots of places have sales on during the year.
    I have been looking at Azazie. They do lots of good dresses on there for a range of prices and have 1/2 off sales a lot. Phoebe
  • C
    Beginner February 1990 West London
    Custom ·
    • Hide content
  • M
    Beginner November 2024 Lancashire
    Mae-Jones ·
    • Hide content
    Asos, club London and pretty lavish are some good options and often have 10/15% off discount codes for you to use

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics