Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2018

Bridesmaids dresses shopping trip

Lilacbouquet, 30 of May of 2017 at 12:56 Posted on Planning 0 7

I am after lilac/purple dresses for my bridesmaids and we are thinking about getting them soon before the shops change their colour scheme to greens and oranges etc for Autumn.

I have looked online at Asos and Very etc, but you can't beat actually going shopping to feel the items and see colours etc. I have tried Asos a couple of times but they haven't got anything new in lately. We don't want dresses that are £200 each so are steering clear of bridal shops (as lovely as they are), and want to hit the high street. There are places like JJsHouse online but there are so many mixed reviews about these places, some great some awful, I really don't want to get ripped off. Also most of them also say you can't return something just because you don't like it or it doesn't suit someone.

So, where do we start? We will have to travel wherever we are going, I don't know if places like Meadowhall in Sheffield or somewhere similar is worth a look?

What I would like is a good outlet which has bridesmaid outfits in the hope that we can choose a colour and it won't cost a small fortune.

We are in Lincolnshire but any ideas are welcome!

7 replies

Latest activity by DreamsComeTrue2015, 31 of May of 2017 at 14:32
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

You can always have a look at Wed2B - they have a website but they also have lots of stores, which you could go into Smiley smile

Davids Bridal is definitely worth a look. Not as expensive as the boutique shops and they have LOADS you can try on Smiley smile

I'd also have a little look at Chi Chi London. They're UK based and have a good returns policy. Asos stock a few of their things, but their actual website has millions of dresses on it lol Smiley smile

Xx

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

I second Chichi, I've had some dresses from them and they've all been very nice. Although I ended up getting mine from ASOS.

Meadowhall is massive, so you should be able to find something there, but it gets super busy on a weekend!

• L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

Chi Chi do some really lovely dresses and I think they are now being stocked in some Debenhams if you wanted to try before you buy. I have ASOS bridesmaids dresses and really like them, sending stuff back was really simple too.

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried Quiz? They're cheap enoughSmiley heart

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

They stock some Chi Chi London dresses in House of Fraiser if you wanted to try the quality before you buy.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Meadowhell has Monsoon bridal, Coast, Phase Eight, M&S, House of Fraiser and Debenhams, it also has places like Hobbs, Karen Millen, Ted Baker and some other more boutique like places. Beware Karen Miller's sizing is weird and only goes up to something ridiculously small.

There is also a place called Boundary Mills, there are a few of them countrywide if you Google it you'll find them, and they sell old seasons clothes from places like Hobbs and Phase Eight (I got a dress for graduation and my OH got a really good suit from there), if you sign up to their mailing list in store you very given a 10% discount voucher off any of the wares in store during the sale which starts on June 5th. My OH is getting all of the groomsmen's suits from there hopefully as it's buy 5 get one free!

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

Great thank you everyone for your help.

I like Wed2B found a lovely one on there I like! Price seems about right too. House of Fraiser sounds like a good place to see ChiChi without ordering off their actual website initially and Meadowhall sounds like a very good start!

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Don't dismiss the bridal shops too quickly. My dresses were £115 each and I got 10% off because I bought my dress from the same shop.

I tried Wed2Be and thought their dresses were a little 'prom' rather than 'bridesmaid'. That might be because we didn't have the biggest selection in Glasgow though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics