Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Claire
Beginner July 2021 Derbyshire

Bridesmaids in front or behind

Claire, 28 of June of 2021 at 19:09 Posted on Planning 0 4
The Church is suggesting the bridesmaid go behind because that’s tradition plus help sorts the dress - which makes sense! But I don’t know if I want them to go first! They will be sitting in the choir pews, so they will actually be sat in front of me rather than behind! So would be awkward for them to sort my dress!! Aargh I don’t know which way to do it. I can understand logic to both. What has everyone else done?

4 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 29 of June of 2021 at 11:45
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I’m having mine go ahead of me as they are walking down to their own song and I want a grand entrance 🙈😂😂
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve got flower girls who will be going first. But my hair stylist has said she will stay until the last minute so she can ‘fluff’ and straighten my dress before I walk in.

I was bridesmaid for my friend and I walked in after her and she wishes we had gone first. Everyone was so in awe of the bride and then suddenly they have to look back for the bridesmaids. She said she selfishly felt like she had been forgotten (only for a minute but I get what she was saying as everyone turned to looked at us) I also felt a bit awkward as everyone was trying to decide who to look at (bride or us) and I felt like I was taking the brides thunder. I would of liked to get to my seat then watch the bride enter as I love to watch the faces
  • Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    Mine are going in front of me. Unless you have a Princess Diana sort of dress I don't see it as a problem. I think they way we all get our own grand entrance
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Most Church layouts are that there is enough gap between where you stand and the first row of pews for a bridesmaid to lay out your dress and still silp by to sit on the first row - which is where they usually sit anyway. So it should not be a problem for your bridesmaid to go to the choir pews.

Next time you go have a little look at how much room there is. Or if it is tight make sure your Church realises that your bridesmaid will be needing to get to the choir pews.

You could ask whoever is sitting in the relevant pew to put out your dress, maybe Mum would love the job.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics