Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2017

Bridesmaids in second weddings

SunnyIvoryHair353, 25 of January of 2016 at 21:03 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 3

Hi, I am a second time bride to be in 2017. We have 5 children between us - 3 boys, 2 girls. I want an informal non traditional wedding party. My girls will wear nice dresses. I have 6 very good friends who have stuck by me in the last turbulent years. Whilst I don't want bridesmaids I want to honour the girls and have them by my side. I was thinking of having them as my something blue - my ladies in blue. Asking them to wear any shade of blue. How do you think this sounds?

3 replies

Latest activity by rach_217, 27 of January of 2016 at 21:00
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think it sounds a really lovely idea. And a special way to honour their support for you. I wish I had thought of that.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

That's a wonderful idea Smiley smile

Btw, congratulations and welcome to Hitched!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a lovely idea! Different shades of the same colour are all the rage right now, too Smiley smile I think blue is such a timeless colour that this will stand the test of time Smiley smile

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

It's a lovely idea, my friend did something similar recently - we were affectionately known as unofficial bridesmaids!! ?

We didn't walk down the aisle but we all wore blue, and we had flowers to match her bouquet in our hair and we each had an individual job. One did a reading, I was a witness and the other did a speech! It worked so well, we helped out the bride and it was a little bit of recognition for being one of her best friends!

She is an official bridesmaid at mine xxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics