Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner December 2014

Bridesmaids live in Australia - how do I get dresses?

Murphs1979, 16 of June of 2014 at 20:23 Posted on Planning 0 4

I have two bridesmaids who live in Australia (and two in the UK) - I want to get them dresses that match - does anyone know of any suppliers which operate both in the UK and in Aus so I could just tell them the manufacturer and arrange for them to go to a distributor in Australia to try on etc?

Vanessa

4 replies

Latest activity by Suzie88, 17 of June of 2014 at 18:38
  • yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, I can't help with suppliers, but how important is it to you that they match? You could have 2 different but complementary dresses, one bought in the UK and one in Aus.

I am in New Zealand and my bridesmaid is in the UK. I only have one BM so matching wasn't an issue for me, but I really wanted to be involved in the shopping. We did a lot of 'pre-shopping' sending each other links to dresses we liked and agreed on colour and budget, then my BM went shopping on a date when I could take some time of work. I had an afternoon nap and then sat up till 3.30am using Facetime to be with my BM in each shop while she tried on dresses, so I got to have input there and then which was great!

Hope that at least gives you some help with the process of shopping when you and your BM are far apart.

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

There's an Australian based company called dress of your dreams (or something similar ) - they obviously deliver in Oz but UK as well. Might be worth checking out. An Ozzie friend of mine got her wedding dress through them and loved it.

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

Dessy supply to Australia but depends on your budget, most start around £150.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Have you done a google to see what clothing shops have branches in Australia?

We had the same issue with ordering groomsmen suits, and chose to get them from Next since Next had branches in both countries, and the same suits on both websites. They didn't have exactly the same suits 'in store', but did have them on their respective national websites for home delivery orders.

Having a quick look at google just now myself, shops like Next, H&M and Top Shop appear to all function in Australia, if you're looking outside the box and don't want a specific bridesmaid dress style.

Plus I didn't take a detailed look at this website, but this site appears to be the Coast dispatcher in Australia. Shed loads of brides get Coast bridesmaid dresses, so this is definitely something to look into further.

http://www.andotherbrands.com/?lng=en-AU&ctry=AU&

• Suzie88
    Beginner August 2014
    Suzie88 ·
    • Hide content

I was worried about this issue from the off as one of my bms lives in NZ.

I did however, find my perfect bm dresses, and they have a 'stretch' back. it has meant that I don't need to worry about fittings! You could potentially look for something like that?

I would suggest that you ask them to go shopping together and try on different styles to see what suits them? And to send you pics! Then at least you have a starting point and could order them in the UK to be altered when they come over?

Good luck!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics