Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2011

Bridesmaids not matching the best men/ushers?

Holly80, 14 March, 2011 at 10:50 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and was hoping for some advice/reassurance!

I'm getting married in August and have spent the last few months buying my dress and accessories and the same for the bridesmaids and flower girls. My style is inspired by old Hollywood glamour, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly etc, although this is not necessarily a theme. I have lots of crystals and pearls in my headpiece, jewellery and veil but my dress is very simple. The bridesmaids are wearing pale pink 50's style tea dresses with pearl jewellery and white roses.

We went to look at suits yesterday for the groom and his men and we decided to go for black and white (black suits with white waistcoats and a white tie for the groom and black tie for the rest of the groomsmen) as we thought it would compliment the style I have gone for. I know that pale pink with black and white will all fit in with this vintage type look, but my concern is that the groomsmen won't match the bridesmaids and that this will look odd!! What do you think? Should I try to incorporate some black into the bridesmaids outfits or leave well alone? Does it really matter? I couldn't sleep last night thinking about it!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Smiley smile

Hope all of your planning is going well!

x

7 replies

Latest activity by septemberbride2011, 14 March, 2011 at 12:17
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

HOw about Pale pink ties for the groomsmen?!

• Natalie2011
    Beginner September 2012
    Natalie2011 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe tie it all in with your flowers, ie have the men in the wedding party wear pink flowersas button holes to match your BM flowers...

• H
    Beginner August 2011
    Holly80 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your reply! That did occur to me but the man in the shop said it wouldn't look right!! I don't want it to look odd that it doesn't all tie in though...

• H
    Beginner August 2011
    Holly80 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! That is what I am thinking is the solution to this! x

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

If you are wanting it to match i would go with pale pink ties for the groomsmen but I wouldnt worry about matching, my BMs and i dont match with the grroms party at all!

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

Mine don't match! We are having hot pink and silver as our theme. The BM is in a hot pink dress but when we tried a cravat in the same colour on my OH it looked awful! He has a silver(ish) suit, waistcoat and shiny black cravat whilst the groomsmen have charcoal cravats. We have hot pink roses for their buttonholes to inject some colour!

Go with what you and OH feel is best. I let my OH choose his suit and he let the BM and I choose the BMs outfit.

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

Mine don't match either - I wanted them to but my OH was being really stubborn so I said forget it!! I have however got a tie, similar in colour to the bridesmaids dresses - but whether he will wear it or not is a different story.

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry so much. My BM and groom don't match the bridesmaids and they don't have to. I think their button holes could be in pink and that would be ample. I was more concerned about me, the flowers and the BM's blending together and have left the men to get on with it! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics