Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cupcake26
Beginner August 2015

Bridesmaids parents

Cupcake26, 12 of February of 2014 at 13:02 Posted on Planning 0 7

What's the etiquette on inviting your bridesmaids parents to the wedding? I am planning to invite my chief bridesmaids parents as i have known them for a long time, however i'm not sure about about two other bridesmaids parents, i have known them for years too but haven't seem them! Or do they just come to the reception?

7 replies

Latest activity by BrownEyedGal, 12 of February of 2014 at 18:29
  • *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I've invited my MOH's mum and her partner to the evening because they get on really well with my mum and I see quite a bit of her mum. My other BMs mums I know pretty well but I just don't see them these days so I've not invited them.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Two of my bridesmaids are sisters and are daughters of my OH's godparents and the whole family will be invited.

Another bridesmaid is my sister so obviously her parents will be there.

My fourth bridesmaid is a friend from school, and I plan to invite her parents to the evening reception.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I hope my bridesmaid's mother will turn up at least - that's me ? and my flower-girls are my nieces so should be fine there. I would be inclined to invite yours to the reception only as a nod to the fact that you've known them for a long time x

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Wouldn't invite them at all unless you know them well/want them there.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

I've never met my bridesmaid's parents, so we won't be inviting them at all.

xx

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    miss h to mrs h ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are my sister and my best mate who I've known since we were 11, my parent swill be there already and I'm inviting my friends parents and sister to my evening reception. They are over the moon to be invited bless them Smiley smile

• MrsDJG
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsDJG ·
    • Hide content

One set of BM parents I'll invite to the day as we're close, the others will get an evening invite I think. xx

• BrownEyedGal
    Beginner May 2014
    BrownEyedGal ·
    • Hide content

I've got three BMs, one is my OH sister so obv her parents will be there haha. The other two are my best friends from school. One I've known since I was 4 and know her parents pretty well, have been on holidays with then as kids etc so they are invited to the whole day. My other BM, I hardly know her mum, have met her once or twice, so I've not invited her as I don't know her. I think it's how well you know them not the fact they're BM parents.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics