Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2027 Essex

Bridesmaids selection

Holly, 24 of July of 2024 at 19:16 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 2
I've been asked to be bridesmaids for someone... but i wouldn't choose them as my bridesmaid. I get married couple of years after them but how can I not ask them to be bridesmaid when I am there's... I feel bad..

2 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 13 of August of 2024 at 22:04
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You don't have to ask someone else to be your bridesmaid just because they asked you any more than you have to invite to your wedding everyone who has ever invited you to theirs! It's inevitable that there will be some mismatch as different people have different sized friendship groups and families (e.g. if you have six sisters and want them all as bridesmaids, you're not going to have much room left for non-relatives, whereas someone who has no siblings at all won't have that issues!)

If you're worried that your friend may assume she is going to be your bridesmaid, it might be worth mentioning that you are not having any/only having family etc at an early stage. But most people realise that just because they ask you, it doesn't mean you will ask them.

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Only say yes if you do want to be hers. I do think people expect it back personally so maybe also say now. But also, you don’t have to explain. I didn’t ask my friend who I was bridesmaid for and she ended up not coming to our wedding. She said it was childcare but I knew it wasn’t the reason, but also no hard feelings as I am not like that as a person. And my husband is best man for someone next year who wasn’t ours a few weeks ago. If people are adult enough they won’t care.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics